Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Papers are In!!!

I have been on the fence about a mission for a few years now and to be honest I didn't think that I would actually go through with it, but HERE I AM! 
I had my interview with Stake President Rigby of the Pullman/Moscow stake and everything went really well. My favorite part of the interview was that during the opening prayer the President Rigby offered, it hit me like a ton of bricks that I am going on a mission! When I opened my eyes to start the interview I was already crying. But after I bore my testimony of Jesus Christ and went through the rest of my interview, he found me worthy to serve a mission. 
My papers were sent on that day to Salt Lake. Now I will be waiting for my call to show up in the mail! I am SOOO excited. This Thursday will be the day that the quorum of the twelve apostles will review my paperwork and determine through prayer where I will serve. I hope that it will come during my spring break in a couple of weeks so that I can open it while I am at home with my family!
My family and I will be fasting on Thursday for my mission call so if you would like to join in on that you are welcome to do so.
My Testimony: I want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know through the atonement of Christ that we can repent and be forgiven through our sins. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and that modern day Prophets lead and guide the church. I know that Joseph Smith was the boy that Heavenly Father saw fit at that time to use as a servant to restore the good news of the gospel to the earth for the final time. I love this gospel and I have a great desire to share it with others. This is my testimony in the name of my savior Jesus Christ Amen.
Love, Corynn
PS-this picture is the one that will appear on the screen as the quorum of the twelve review my call.

6 comments:

  1. Hi girl! Congrats! Can you post on this while you're gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All my life, from the time I have been a young boy and as far back as I can remember, I have had experiences feeling of the Holy Ghost...but I've never felt what I have felt as I have...participated in the assigning of missionaries...We go into a room, and...it will be a two or three-hour session and sometimes longer. Because of technology, it is possible for us to have your picture and the information about you displayed. And then quickly, on that same screen, all the missions of the Church with all of their needs are displayed. Within minutes, and sometimes less than a minute, the impression comes to powerfully that it would be, if it were a single instance, something you would never forget. Can you imagine sitting there for hours at a time, having that happen time after time without interruptions? I testify to you this is is real...In a world so large, the Creator...somehow not only knows you but loves you enough to ensure that your call is where He needs you to teach the children of our Heavenly Father."

    --Elder Henry B Eyering, "Called of God" (devotional address delivered at the Provo Missionary Training Center, Aug 26, 1997)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this in an Ensign and laminated it. It's interesting to envision how the process actually goes down--what it means, and what it does not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lace my fam is gonna keep up with it while im gone :] I guess it also depends on the mission rules :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very exciting, I am so happy for you, and can't wait to hear where you will go! Wherever you go you will be so awesome! Love ya and so happy for YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete