Sunday, August 5, 2012

"I am convinced that I will wear my nametag for the rest of my life!" HaHa


July 30, 2012

 Oh my gosh that just melted my heart that britton mowed the lawn for dad. Oh my gosh I just want to cry. My little babies are growing up and I can tell that our family is closer than ever before. I am so thankful. Wow that will be so amazing to all be together in hawaii. Such a blast! I cant wait :] Wow, both of my friends had their babies?  So amazing! Tell Carly I cant wait to meet my little nephew Clark. He has an aunite sister fine that wants to meet him! Tell that to ashley too! Wow I didnt know that Eric was HOME! I thought he had til the beginning of AUGUST!  Nick was freaking out that he was home and that they missed eachother. But the cool thing is that they are so close and such amazing people. I love them both! Amazing twin humans :]
This week has been a bit of a struggle. We are going out and doing work and being super obedient but we are not harvesting the way that we hope for. But I know that the Lord has tons of plans for this area...I just might not be here when it starts happening again. It is hot....no appointments....no one out to talk to on the street and members are so hard to catch but we will keep thrusting in our sickle with our might and things will work out. I just broke down crying last night and I had President Jones give me a blessing for patience and long suffering in the work. He said, I bless you to be able to open your eyes and see all the good you are doing here and also to see that people have their agency, and we cannot help how they choose. SO TRUE. I am being hard on myself for the choices they are NOT making and blaming myself for it. But that is not the way I should look at it. I see now that the Less Actives we have been working with have been coming back to church and at least staying for sacrament meeting. That is a huge blessing, I guess it is just not the success I have been programmed to see up to this point. I just know that the Lord loves all of his children and he wants us ALL to return to live with him. No matter what we have done, we can never be far enough away that would be out of the Savior's reach. We can turn around and make it back. We only become canidates for the celestial kingdom when we are baptized (like preach my gospel says). We must ENDURE and PROVE our worthiness to God every day. It is hard but it is possible. And I have loved helping these Less Actives start to see that again.
So the pictures...We had a cake decorating activity and it was so much fun! Some of our less actives came and I thought hannah would be so proud of me. I know its not very good but I had fun! :] Also we were helping someone move in to our ward and I decided to get into a box. It was fun. I love being a silly billy still :] Tag or no tag. But I am convinced that I will wear my nametag for the rest of my life. No one can take it from me hahaha. Im going to be the most akward person when I come back....blah! SO sister Cheatham and I realized some things this week. Whenever you see a member, no matter how long you have been in an area they ask us 3 questions EVERYTIME! Where are you from? How long have you been out? How did you feel when you got the call to Las Vegas?


 So we had a little adventure this morning. I heard sister Cheatham super frustrated in the bathroom getting ready...she called me into the bathroom and some people had come into our bathroom and just played harmful pranks. CHEWING GUM EVERYWHERE....all of sister Cheatham's makeup was covered in lotion, they dumped stuff into her perfume, gum all over the straightener, and the toilet is not working right, we think these people flushed some pretty big non-flushable things. It was really irritating. We found out that it was some 10 year old girls that were visiting the house that wanted to play a bad prank on the sisters. None of my stuff was damaged but I felt bad for sister Cheatham. SIster Jones obviously was mortified at finding out what happened and she is taking us makeup shopping today. It really wasnt that big of a deal and sister Cheatham is fine with it now but sister Jones wont let it go. SO she insists on taking us. Anyways...interesting stuff this week.

We spoke in the Laurel hills ward yesterday and it was really great! We sent around the signup for the 40 day fast and 20 people have signed up already. We hope to get it filled by next sunday so we can start on aug 6th. :] So exciting. Um...........what else happened to our lives this week? Been kinda a crazy week as you can tell! I got a lot of letters this week which I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKFUL FOR! Sister Hanny, an elder from Elko sending me a baptism program for someone sister espinal and I taught, Spencer wrote me a really nice letter and Dani Curry.  Also the relief society presidentcy from home sent me a birthday card!   Um love you and I miss you tons. MWAH MWAH MWAH! I have the family picture you sent me by my bed. I LOVE THAT PICTURE! THank you for having me in the picture too! It means a lot to me. Miss you tons and Im hanging in there.
Sister Fine
ps-I have never seen so many cockroaches in my entire life, than what I have this week. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment