Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It is Tropical Storm Season in Vegas Too!


Things are slow here in black mountain. But I am trying to keep my head up. Sister Cheatham and I are figuring things out more and more and having more and more fun. We are more similar than we thought.  I really don't know what is going to happen for transfers. This area by far has been the most difficult to fulfill my purpose as a missionary. More and more less actives are coming to church and people are learning about the gospel, they are just not getting into the water! Agency is a blessing but I hate it when people use their agency in the wrong way. Im trying to keep my head up. I know I have been more than blessed with number of baptisms but I want to help more people come unto Christ. I am doing everything in my power by being obedient and working hard and going the extra mile with people but right now I just need to be patient. When things are like this that is when my impatience comes out. Im really trying to fight it. 

We took Jessica to the temple on saturday  night and it was good. She wants to get baptized as soon as she can.  But we just got the good news that she is getting transferred to a different store so that she might be able to come to church on sundays. Amazing. At the temple it started pouring down rain!!!! It is tropical storm season and we really get a lot of thunder and lightning storms from it. VERY COOL TO SEE! I love it! 

Mom and Dad I feel like I am becoming the best missionary I have ever been on my mission and the baptisms just stopped at a dead hault in May. It is August and the mission wants us to baptize once a month. It has been a little bit hard and I feel a little on the edge but I know that things will happen I just need to always have a smile on and work my hardest. I am doing this 40 day purification thing with myself. I am writing down everything in my life that disturbs the spirit in any little way and praying and fasting that I can overcome those things. It is going okay so far but I think I might need a bunch of 40 day purifications after I get home too. On Aug 16th I made a goal to read one section of the doctrine and covenants per day. A lot of missionaries do that in the last months of their mission. 138 days to the day is aug 16. Crazy. I only counted it because I wanted to know when to start the goal...Im not trunky by any means. I want to stay here for the rest of my life. But I know that Life goes on. 




So the pictures are a little girl named liahauna loves to decorate my face every time I come over. She is so cute. The hole is with a black widow with her 3 big eggs. They were about the size of a dime. This black widow was huge and we killed it....well sister cheatham did. She is the designated bug killer......scorpians, cockroaches, spiders....etc. She's not a baby like me. Another is with us and jessica at the temple.  Oh yes and I cannot forget.....this dinsaur thing is someone's yard....yes............it is in someones yard. The first time I drove past that hahahaha I was laughing so hard. People are so weird sometimes hahahaha. Well I love you. Pray for us....I need that extra help right now. I am relying on the Lord in all I do and he is my strength. Without him, the mission would not be possible. I love you and miss you all. I hope that your trip is great and say hello to the cabin for me. I hope our cabin is safe. Dad and mom I am so glad that you get a break. You deserve it. I love you

Sister Fine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment