Sunday, September 30, 2012

"I Want to Help People and Make a Difference"


Companions from the same home ward!


September 3, 2012

 Things are going great here and I love sister Monson! She is amazing and I just love her to death. She has me laughing all day long. We are really working on the transfer purification process and I am really seeing changes in me. I wrote down all the things in my life that pokes at the spirit and I am trying to eliminate them completely. It has been a crazy experience. I am loving the change that is taking place within me. 


Goodbye Sister Cheatham

Wow 4 months from today I will be home. Insane. I think that this will be my last area. That is the trend in the mission. Everyone who is about to go home gets moved to central. SO a little about the area. It is TINY and everyone is a member. The members are PUMPED about missionary work more than I have ever seen in an area. We even had a relief society lesson that we helped with yesterday and it was on the book of mormon challenge.....usually people are like....wow not another challenge...but I do not think there was a dry eye in the room! OVER A BOM CHALLENGE! AMAZING WARDS! The wards did the usual surprise of calling you up and giving a short talk totally impromptu but its awesome and I got a really great welcome into the ward. I feel very happy here already even though we dont have a ton of people to teach. I have had some really good experiences! The other night I was bawling my eyes out because I feel as though I am not having the same success that I had in the first half of my mission and I just want to feel like I am fulfilling my purpose! I am working hard....being obedient and the baptisms are slowing down soooooo much. Havent had one since May and it is Sept...pretty sad...but its not because I haven't been working hard. I felt that I am not helping people as much as I am trying to do.....but I got an answer to my prayers yesterday when a member announced in a class that something I said in sac meeting really helped him with the stuff he was going through in his life. It was a small thing but I instantly started bawling because God was trying to tell me that I AM helping people and I AM making a difference. It was awesome. 


Also yesterday after church I really felt like I was going to pass out right before dinner. I ate and then a member gave me a blessing and I know that the priesthood of God works because the foggy head I had and the passing out feelings I had left me. It was amazing. I was sad because I didnt get to see all the people to say goodbye in Black Mountain but I know that I will see them again one day. Well I love all of you and I am so glad that you are enjoying labor day! Mommy sorry about your eye! I hope that you feel better! MWAH! THanks! Love you!  Oh yeah! Transfers were amazing and sister Vanderdoes and I sang at it! It was awesome and I loved it. Trying to think if there was anything I 
forgot....Sister Monson will write and maybe I will think of more things! MWAH!

Sister Fine!


                          Saying Goodbye to friends in Black Mountain Area

No comments:

Post a Comment