Thursday, October 25, 2012

"I Will Not Be Still"

September 24, 2012


This week was good :] We are hoping that it is starting to cool down....but it still is over 100 most days. In the morning when we run/walk it is really nice out...about 80 degrees or so. When it rains it cools the whole valley down by 20-30 degrees! I love when that happens but not the flood part... THe floods here are really bad.  It is amazing the power that water has and then in a day it is all evaporated or in the washes. It is insane. 

The baptisms that we had set for the 22nd fell through. Jesse and Jeremy just need a little more time! We felt that was the right thing as well. We did get a new investigator this week though! Her name is diane and she is really sweet. She really wants to know what happens after this life because she is the only one in her ENTIRE family left. SO we taught her the plan of salvation and she felt so much peace. She cried through most of the lesson....very sweet. 

 I was pretty sick this week but I refused to stay in. I only stayed in an extra hour for lunch one of the days because I was going to get sicker if I didn't. I got blessings and then the next day I was fine! It is pretty miserable being sick during the exhausting hard work of a missionary but I got through! :] Sister Monson and I were asked to give the training for the last district meeting on the importance of members. 

 Can you believe that I have been out 15 months? I cant believe that. It has gone by really fast! It keeps on going faster and faster. Also we are starting week 5 of the transfer and I felt like I just got here to central! It is pretty crazy. I think that this will be my last area. This next weekend we have 2 baptisms. One for summer and one for pam! We are soooooooooo excited! They are awesome :] Then after their baptisms we are going to be watching the Relief Society General Conference session! I am sooooooooo EXCITED FOR THAT! General conference is the SUPERBOWL for missionaries! SO EXCITED I can hardly breathe! This week I sang in church in the Frenchman Hills ward and it went really well. It was the song that Kenneth Cope has on one of his cd's "I will not be still" it is a missionary song and it is amazing. 

I wanted to write you the lyrics....they are amazing

Ive never been the kind to testify, I dont have the words his truth deserves
But its a simple thing he asks, A worthy heart and willing hands
He says if Ill make the choice, he'll help me find my voice
He calls me to serve and I cannot fail him, The one who has given me all that I have
I place my trust in him alone, he knows the yearnings of my soul
Because he believes in me, I will go willingly

How can I keep this gift to myself, when I can lift somebody else
I am a witness of his miracles and his mercy
I put my future in his hands, knowing hes made me all I am 
When I put my faith in him, the truth begins to speak
His power is real it moves me until I cannot be still

Lifting the hands that hang down in sorrow, Strengthening knees that bend in despair
Reaching the hopeless hearts who do not know his love
Seeing their lives begin to change, I know I'll never be the same

How can I keep this gift to myself, when I can lift somebody else
I am a witness of his miracles and his mercy
I put my future in his hands, knowing hes made me all I am 
When I put my faith in him, the truth begins to speak
His power is real it moves me until I cannot be still
His power is real Ill trust in his will I will not be still

Then during sac meeting I was asked to sing in relief society for the lesson. It ended up really well, I sang "More holliness give me". It was a really special lesson because our ward mission leader's wife is getting major major major surgery today and before that the lady who gave the lesson called her and had her bear her testimony to the Relief society and there was not a dry eye in the room. Saturday night we heart attacked their house so that they could feel better :] We were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Stealthy :] hahaha. Always lots of work to do! The ward is definatley keeping us busy! I love this area to pieces and I love sister monson she is amazing. 

Sister Fine

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful daughters of God you both are...thanks for sharing the letter and the picture!

    ReplyDelete