Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Cottage Cheese and Turtles"

October 1, 2012

 I love you all mucho and I miss you. This week was a good week. Trying to refill our teaching pool because we are baptizing them all hahaha. We had summer and pam's baptism this last saturday and they were awesome! :] Summer is so stinking cute and pam is just hilarious! I love them both! 



Finished the lessons with kelsie this week and we just love her to death. I seriously feel like I knew her before this life because we just click so well! In one of our lessons she turned to us and said that she said that she would love to serve a mission. That I think is the first person out of my investigators that wants to serve a mission. I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! I love kelsie so much!

 I also love sister Monson, she is amazing! She keeps me laughing sooooooooo hard....one quote she said the other day is "I tan about as well as cottage cheese," and the other day, "that is ridiculous that is just like a person saying, I dont want to be a human anymore I have decided to become a turtle." OMGOSH LAUGHING FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also we finished the lessons with Jesse and Jeremy and it is going well. It was really cool because Jeremy expressed concern to us over something he was thinking about and, as a missionary it always feels good when people come to you with concerns because then it shows that they trust us. I talked to him on the phone for about 15 minutes discussing his concern and he said that it really helped. I hope that things continue to get better for him. Jesse and Jeremy are getting baptized on october 13th and they are going up to conference with the dutsons! How amazing is that?!?!

 There is this amazing family in the beverly glen ward and they are the DUTSONS! I want to be like them because they always have people in their home being taught! We dont even have to ask for referrals, they just ask us to come over and teach them. It is amazing! They have helped so many people join the church and get well on their way! It is amazing. I want to be as amazing as the Dutsons when I grow up! :] THey are just so bold and have a clear understanding that THE GOSPEL is the ONLY thing that can bring people to live with Heavenly Father again. It definatley shows that they have that in the forefront of our minds (where it should always be!) :] They are amazing and I look up to them like crazy! Im so excited for you to meet them someday! :]

 We went to the temple this week with the district and it was amazing. I hadnt been since I went through with bob badery. Oh man I love that man! It was a good experience to be there again even though I do live about a slow 5 min walk away! I run past it every morning! :] I went to the doctors this week and he told me that I need to get more out of my exercise because it is making me really anxious during my studies where I literally cannot sit still.  I have been getting good workouts even though my knees strongly dislike me. It is amazing and it really helps with my studies.


 Saturday was obviously a really amazing and exhausting day! 2 baptisms and then we went to the relief society general broadcast with Kelsie. It was amazing! It was a bawl fest hahaha and the dinner that was set up beforehand looked like a wedding reception hahaha. The relief society goes ALL OUT down here. After the broadcast we met up with mikey and kesie (they are dating) at the temple and had a lesson there. The temple was closed but mikey has the hookups and got us into the grounds and we were pretty much the only ones there. It was a very spiritual lesson. We were crying and the spirit was so strong. Yesterday, church was really great!  I love you and I miss you and I hope that all is well!  Love you all! MUAH! 


Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment