Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Setting People for Baptism and Having Lessons Left and Right!"

September 17, 2012

:] I absolutely know that sister Monson and I are supposed to be together. We baptized Bill Harper on saturday (who was an investigator I taught before that moved to Central stake when I was in Elko) Pretty cool story! It was an awesome baptism, the spirit was strong and I was excited to see him baptized after all this time. I was asked to give the baptism talk and I felt like the words were flowing out of my mouth from the spirit it was amazing. I always love when that happens. THen afterwards I totally forgot about what I said! hahaha. We are hoping that his wife Rosa joins the church someday. Also this week we set another girl named kelsie for baptism so that makes 5 people set before october 13th! Amazing! The Lord is blessing us like crazy! Sometimes satan tries to get to me to tell me that Im not making a difference to anyone on my mission and my mission has been a failure. But I know that is absolutely crazy talk! Satan is very yucky and he tries so hard but HE WONT WIN WITH ME! :] We know that in the end the Lord will win, it just depends what side we choose to be on. The winning side or the losing side? I choose winning! :] And I hope to share that with people here, that they can find strength in the Lord because he has overcome all. :] I love this work! 

 Floods were crazy! We walked in for lunch and the storm came in and we watched it during our lunch and then the hour ended and we had to find a way to get out and do work in this crazy storm. We walked down the stairs and we saw 6 inches of water on our walkway. That is the one picture with us in it. Crazy huh?!?! The water was everywhere! Rivers on all the streets. Crazy crazy. On friday I told you about a man that they couldn't find...they found him down stream :( So sad. But we are safe and we didnt get too wet! Its okay, maxwell (our toyota corolla :]) did really well in the storm. 



Our week was AMAZING! Setting people for baptism and having lessons left and right. Last night we sent in our numbers and our district leader texted us and said that we had more numbers than the district combined. Crazy huh? I guess we had the highest numbers in the zone. We have been working hard and doing the purification process. Man do I have a long ways to go! Always changing always progressing toward being better. 

Summer: 16 and she wants to be baptized because she loves to feel the spirit and she knows that the church is true
Pam: Has been investigating for 18 years and she got her answer by being pushed into her pool by an invisible force after she prayed about going into the waters of baptism! hahahahahaha amazing!
Kelsie: Is one of the member's girlfriends and she already knows the Book of Mormon is true and set a baptism date on the 1st lesson. She is pretty much already a member. She is so amazing!
Jeremy: He is Jesse's boyfriend and jesse had a prompting that she should invite her boyfriend to take the lessons and he is soooooooooo elect. He want s to be baptized!
Jesse: She has been taking the lessons for a few months and she is getting baptized on saturday! :] she is awesome!

I dont know what else to say besides I love you and I miss you so much! I need my absentee ballot for the election.  THank you for helping me out! Love you!

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment