Monday, October 10, 2011

"Choose for yourselves to be exactly obedient!"

Hello family and friends,

Wow through the week I think of so many things that I want to tell you and when I get here in this creepy family history room I forget everything...............greatt........haha.

Sister Garner and I have been laughing non stop for a week or so. We are haing so much fun! 

Just recently we had a change in our rules concerning our schedule. The change in the rules have not been my favorite either because the rules now are more laid back but finally I said to hear on our walk this morning, "Lets do something about it!" Because we had seen a great decrease in our numbers since that change in rules took place. So we decided to make a way that we can measure our success daily in a npercentage form so that we can improve. In preach my gospel it says that "where performance is measured, performance is increased." Something like that. But I took on the responsibility of making a poster reminding us about all the components that we are measuring. The components are..........#1 Promptness #2 Budgeting Miles, Minutes and Money #3 is Members at Lessons and #4 is How many people we do not talk to that we could have. I know that as we put this together that it was inspired through prayer. If we measure in percentage and we know exactly where we are lacking then we will be able to improve that area, and in return, OBEDIENCE = BAPTISMS! I am so excited about this new thing that me and sister Garner put into place. Dont worry, it is under that same rules that president Neider has set in place but I know that his rules have become more relaxed so that we can govern ourselves and CHOOSE for OURSELVES to be EXACTLY OBEDIENT! I am so excited.

Unfortunatley lately the 9 that we had set for baptism turned into 3 over the past few weeks. I have been so confused by this because we have been working so hard! But I know that it is all in the Lord;s time and I just need to be patient. I think that he is testing us to see if we will be more obedient by instituting something on our own that will keep us more accountable. I KNOW that this thing that we have made WILL WORK! Just know that I am working hard. I have gotten down on myself because I feel like people losing their date is my fault, but I know that that is just satan tempting me. But anyways, I realize that and dont worry I will just keep punching satan in the face.

What else has happened this week? Oh I will explain the pictures. One of them is just me being weird, the other one is me eating a rice krispy treat with the wrapper on it because I was hungry and we aren't allowed to eat in the car (I really didn't eat the wrapper), hahaha Best friend socks (sister Kocheivar the bishops wife in green valley gave us these pairs of socks but we decided that they are best friend socks and that we will each have one of each pair),me and matt and olga's boys named nathaniel and elijah (they are my sticker monsters and I freaking love them so much). 

Weather is cooling down and it makes me so happy. I literally am freezing my bummy off and it is 60 degrees. You think im acclimated? I think so. Going from 115 to 60 in a couple weeks is insanity. I have been wearing my beloved sweatpants and sweatshirts, it has been so weird, and I have been in great need of long sleeves, but dont worry, a horder that we were helping clean up is the same size as me and she gave me all these never been worn shirts! We are the same size!

We set Ruby for baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for her! We did a pretty involved lesson with her at the church. It was amazing. I will explain more of it on the tape. I love ruby!

I have a feeling that I am going to be transferred before I see the fruit of my labor. But hopefully I will still be in valley so that I can travel to the baptisms. But if I am transferrred out to Elko or Blythe CA or Kingman AZ I can pretty much count that out.

Honestly I fell in LOVE with the people here. It does feel like home, well not quite but yea :]

I had a sweet experience yesterday in testimony meeting. I just started bawling in sac mtg because I was so thankful to be a missionary! So after I calmed down I went up and bore my testimony. Well I was covering the quail ridge and green valley wards by myself yesterday because sis garner was in Whitney ranch. So I got to bear my testimony 2 times because that is my goal anyway!

I sang on the spot for an activity yesterday. Apparently word is getting out that I can sing because everyone is asking me! I am singing in quail ridge ward on 5th sunday.

I LOVED THE TAPE! I LAUGHED SO HARD! IT WAS AMAZING! Wow dad you are a weirdy and holy crap I loved hearing your voices.

Love you gotta go! Miss you all! and Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Fine









2 comments:

  1. I love these letters! Keep up the great work Sister Fine - you're doing an amazing job!!
    ~Bishop Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep punching satan in the face Corynn :)
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete