Monday, October 31, 2011

There are aliens in the scriptures?


Hello! Halloween is CRAZY out here. Not gonna lie. Hence the crazy pics. Plus we had a booth for trunk or treat at the quail ridge ward.


How are you? I am doing great! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY PACKAGE! Thank you so much for going to all of that trouble to do that for me I love you so much! AND I miss you mucho! I am feeling a transfer coming on next week but I wont know until the weekendish. :] Here are the answers to your questions...

Shar was wearing my high school link crew shirt at the cabin...the dress that I gave her that shar wore at the baptism is hers no worries because I gave it to her! hahahaha.
No I do not have sunglasses anymore! :( it has been SOOOOOOOOO hard not having them for the past few weeks. I honestly just dont have money to get new ones. But I need some that I will wear. THanks for writing the questions at the top because wow my missionary brain is just all over the place at times.
I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love you mommy you are the BEST mommy in the world.

Today is kinda a special p-day. We are metting together as an entire mission to watch 17 miracles and we are freaking out that we are watching a movie besides finding faith in christ and the restoration movie. hahaha. It came from salt lake that we are not allowed to go out proselyting tonight because of all the halloween crazies out there.

My tummy is feeling so much better. But I still feel yucky at times. I will take care of myself. Tell Nick that I am sorry for worrying him. I didn't mean to make him feel that way. But as much as is in my control I am taking care of what I eat. I weighed myself this morning and I am at my begining mission weight...119. But I havent been trying to do anything to get back down. I think that I am just continously losing muscle, also muscle is prolly being replaced with fat because of all the billions of desserts we get every day. I kid you not, we just threw away a HUGE box, (I could easily sit all the way in the box) and it was FILLED with desserts from members. I refuse to eat them or I would be confused with an orca whale. SO we threw the huge box away this morning. CRAZY CRAZY! and it is not even christmas or thanksgiving yet! Wow! Also we have been getting really close with one of our investigators Carey and when we taught him the ten commandments we threw in another one that said thou shalt always feed your missionaries cupcakes and candy. We were kinda joking but since then we have seen that Carey has been pretty serious hahaha. He knows that we are always starving on sundays so he gives us food to tide us over, even though he doesn't have alot. We were joking around with him but he always is so selfless and thoughtful. Seeing his testimony grow has made all the hard times on the mission so worth it. Last night he texted us and said that he will never forget his missionaries and that he loves us so much. He is now starting to share the gospel with his family and roomates. We are so HAPPY!

No, all of our baptisms fell through and people have been dropping us right and left. Sister Garner said that that is how the mission is. As you can prolly guess I was blaming myself for all of the people dropping us but I know that is not true. Satan just wants me to think that way. BUt I know that roses and thorns grow together like a rainbow follows bad weather. I KNOW that there is something coming and I dont know what it is yet but it is coming.

I love you all so much and thank you for being so amazing in your support to me. I got emails from chris Ivie, Missy, nick, and fam, and also I got letters from the shirley family, elder burbidge, kylie hicks (one of my first efy girls), Cassie layton, Brennon, I got a package and letter from leslie burnette, halloween presents from the Sister Garner Family, Nick and OMGOSH an amazing package from you guys! I feel so loved thank you for all that you do for me!

I have to tell you a quick story. SO there was this kid in one of our EFY groups that gaining a testimony at EFY and he struggled at times but Coco Chris and I knew that he is an amazing kid. I just got word that this SAME kid that we tried to help is called to my same mission! He is going to be here serving with me in the Nevada Las Vegas Mission! How amazing is that?!?!?!?!

Today I am getting a massage from a member, gosh I need it! All this stress is MESSING up my back!

Here are a few things I wanted to mention. Gladyis Knight lives here.......The members talk about seeing her all the time. Sister Garner says that my weaknesses are stinky feet and always somehow ending up stealing her pens hahaha. OOPS! I dont have a coat.......I need one, it is freezing here now. (50 degrees) I NEVER thought I would feel cold in 50 degrees. Can you ask corinne mack about Megan's baby? I missed the birth! I want to know how she is. THere are olive trees everywhere in las vegas. So when I read about the olive tree in the scriptures I think Im just so cool hahaha. HOW ARE THE CRIMSON GIRLS?!?!?! I have not heard anything cfrom them except for one letter from lex and linds while I was in the MTC. I miss them and I miss COUG COUNTRY. Hahahaha also this scripture is something I want caden to look up with you...... Alma 31:21. I was dying laughing. I love you all and missionary work is going. I love the work and I cant beleive I have already been out for 4 months. INSANE. Oh just to let you know, I know this is really far in advance but I think that I am only allowed to talk on the phone for 40 min at christmas time.....Not sure. I asked president if we could skype but I haven't had word yet. I think that the rules might change but I am not sure.

I met with president this week for a personal interview. It was really good and encouraging. He told my in confidence that I am a standard bearer in our mission and he is thankful for me and my example. He said that he wishes that all his missionaries we like me. I couldn't believe it! I always just want to be like the missionary daddy was. I hope that I make you proud mom and dad. I am trying really hard! I am learning the scriptures better and the context of the BOM and Bible together is making so much more sense! I LOVE the scriptures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you all! Have Britton look up Hebrews 11:34. There are aliens in the scriptures....BTDUB

Sister Fine






1 comment:

  1. Hey cuz. This is your cousin Jesse. How you been. I haven't seen any of you in a long time. Are u still on a mission? Send me an email sometime at jesseleeburns91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete