Monday, November 14, 2011

"I love my mission and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."


Hi Everyone!

I am alive I promise. :] I have been hoping that you are not too worried about me since I wans't able to write you on monday. Yes I am in Elko and I am Spansih speaking. My new companion is sister espinal and she has been out on the mission for as long as sister Garner. I miss sister Garner so much! You can't help but love your companions to death because you go through so much together! I got to talk to her on tuesday night and that was good. 5 of our baptisms are coming up in green valley and unfortunatley I will not be able to see them because I am so far away but I am so happy that they are getting baptized. Wow spanish, hahaha I don't even know what to think about that yet. But I know that the gift of tounges will be given to me as I work really hard. I have been reading el libro de mormon for about 30 min a day and I really have no other reasources than that. Most of our work is in spansih so that past few days in elko I have said hola and mucho gusto (nice to meet you) and como se llama and tenga una buena dia! But Sister Espinal has taught me how to pray in spanish and every time we pray together I pray in spanish. Sister Espinal is talking to me only in spanish and I have a really hard time understanding but I know that I will be given the guidance and ability through the love of the Lord as I do my best! That is what it says in the P. Blessing. Elko is cold hahahaha. Every night it gets down to the single digits and soon it will be 30 below....that is what I have been told. It is going to snow here pretty soon! Crazy crazy. We have one person set for baptism here in Elko. We are the only sisters here and the nearest sister is 8 hours away! Crazy huh! Now I am an out of valley missionary. I have a feeling I will be the strongest missionary in the world when I come home. But I know that the Lord doesn't give us any assignments or commandments that we cannot reach and achieve. I know that I can do this with the Lord's help. ALthough I want to speak fluent spanish RIGHT NOW and I expect that of myself, it will not happen until I have shown the lord that I trust in him and have faith that he can teach me spanish. I love my mission and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I wanted to apologize for ever saying anything to all of you that might have had a negative tone up to this point in my mission. Eric, nick's brother wrote me this last week and he said something that I really needed to hear. He said that if I rely too much on people at home, I am cheating myself of growing on my mission and growing closer to the Lord so I am striving to lean on the Lord and no one else so that I will grow a closer relationship than ever before. I don't think that there is any time that I will be able to get closer to him to benefit the rest of my life. I love you family and I miss you tons. 

I hope that everything is going well and that tas tas face is okay. I know that the Lord was protecting her. There are a few missionaries in the Elko zone that know cassie. Elder Dixon (one of my zone leaders) and Elder Chowan. It was crazy to find that out. THey say that I look a lot like cas and they talked to me about John Fryhoff. Elder Dixon said that he was one of the strongest members in his ward and that I shouldn't worry hahaha. But I like to be very protective anyway hahaha. Hannah and Shar....I am playing soccer every morning and you would be so proud of me! I have made some goals! Even when we play with the Elders! I am still really horrible but hahahaha I am doing better than I was hahaha. ELko feels like home, its cold....no palm trees, but it is more PO DUNK than tumwater hahaha. Everyone wears cowboyhats and boots and I want some immediatley! hahaha this next monday I will get some! hahaha if it is cheap! I am the driver again and we are driving a truck. His name is big boy hahaha. It is a chevy colorado and it is new. How amazing is that! We live in a little cottage right by a members home and it reminds me so much of the cabin. We have a little friend that lives in there and eats everything. He is a mouse but we haven't named him yet. hahaha. Some of my green valley investigators have written me and I actually gave carey your address and number so that he could call you and say hi one of these days. Carey seriously was the hardest person to leave. It was so sweet cuz he bought me all this stuff because he knew that I didn't have ANY warm clothes. How sweet is that?!?! We are starting to write back and forth! I cant wait for you to meet him. HE was the reason I was in green valley. His story is a miracle and I am not able to see him get baptized. But I know that there is a reason for mi padre celestial to drag me all the way up to elko 8 hours away. haha I will be looking for that reason every day. Dad someday we are going to go hunting here in elko. It is the best! One of the elders thought it was funny the other day and put a deer leg on our windshield. People hunt here like crazy! Wow there are so many things that I want to say! But sorry I couldn't email this last pday I was travelling all day and we went right to work. I love you and I miss you so much! I will be able to write again on monday and I will write you a letter home too. Take care of yourselves. Love you mommy! Love you Daddy! Love you tas tas! Love you baby nah nah! Love you Shashabonah! Love you Brittania! Love you baby cade cade! HANNAH AND SHARLEE I AM SO SAD THAT I HAVE TO MISS YOUR COMP! KICK SOME TRASH AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Oh man I cant bear to miss that but you better show me hours and hours of videos Jan 2013! Happy 11/11/11! At 11:11 tonight I will be thinking of you! If you havent given the sister a referral of someone to teach this week call them up and give them someone that needs to be intoduces to the gospel. Man sorry this email is so random.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Excited to see email on monday! :] MWAH MWAH MWAH! The pictures I have with people are my investigators that are going to get baptized soon!

Hermana Fine




Sister Fine and her new Spanish-speaking companion Sister Espinal!

No comments:

Post a Comment