Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Poop Magnet?

Things are going okay. ELko is cold and the work goes a little slower here but I love it. Elko looks like home. IT is very pretty and the sunsets and sunrises are GORGEOUS! I feel the extra help from being a servant of the Lord. I love the mission and I know that I will never want the mission to end.

Wanted to tell you a cool story. So this week we were playing morning sports and the zone leaders came to us and told us about this amazing referral they had for us. THey ran into this 18 yr old kid and he was like oh ya my girlfriend gave me a book of mormon and I wanted to start meeting with the missionaries but she told me that I had to read the whole book first. And the elders were like NONONO you dont have to do that but that is so awesome! And Casey said...ya I have been meaning to get baptized. And the elders were freaking out hahaha but he lives in our area so they handed him  over to us. When we contacted him the spirit was SOOOOOOOOOO strong on his front porch. He told us about his experience with feeling the spirit so strong as he read the Book of Mormon. I wanted to cry on the doorstep. The spirit was so strong. I know that he will get baptized really soon and that he will go on a mission in a years time. He went to church on his own for 3 months and has been going to mutual every week. He went under the radar but I am so glad that the elders found him. He is going to be a huge influence on others around him I can just feel it.

Dad I am so proud of you and the beautiful deer! I am focusing hahaha. I am so glad that you got to do that! You deserve it! Love you daddy and I miss you alot!

Momma! I am so glad that you loved your present! Sorry the tape wasnt very long but I hope that you enjoyed it. I love you and I hope that you had a great birthday.

According to president, learning spanish is not high on his priority list for me. He said that I just need to learn how to pray which I am already doing every prayer and how to read the scriptures aloud and bear my testimony. I bore my testimony and prayed in spanish at the 7th spansih branch yesterday. I was so nervous. But it ended up being okay. I know that I am here for a reason and  maybe casey is the guy! hahaha. Sister Espinal predicts that I will only be here for one transfer and then go back to vally but who knows. Only God hahaha.

Yes thank you I got a few things and I tried to get them as cheap as possible. I went to walmart for clothes and jc pennys for boots. I got a better coat at walmart which has saved me. Transfering areas is EXPENSIVE! AHHHHHH but know that I am doing my best. I hope that I am making you proud and that you always feel that your money is being well spent with me. But one of these days I will be paying you back for the mission since I have had no means since I left school. One day that will come. I have full intentions on starting to do that when I get home.

Wow 5 months tomorrow! How crazy is that? Time goes by so fast! I am trying to be ther best missionary that I can so that I can be more effective sooner. There are so many amazing people here and I know that the Lord is preparing more. I just recieved word that Balil and Ruby are not getting baptized this week anymore. My heart sank and it hurts so bad because you desire their salvation. It makes you think as a missionary....what did I do wrong? Did I not teach something well enough? etc etc....But I read in preach my gospel what they define as a successful missionary and  that there are many who do feel the spirit and know that it is true but they use their agency and choose not to accept it for themselves. I know that they will come around some day. It will be alright. I have been able to talk to Sister Garner a few times on the phone and wow I miss her so much.

It snowed this week and I sent a few pics to you but I dont know if I like them haha. But you can choose one for the card. Love you alot and I miss all of you! Happy thanksgiving! I hope that you guys have a good time together as a family! I will be doing service and going to a member's house for dinner. Going to be good haha. Sister Espinal says that the holidays are so hard for missionary work because everyone wants to be with their families and not meet with the missionaries but I hope that things wont slow down too much! Yes I did get my package! THANK YOU THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET! Wow time goes by so fast! I never want this to end. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he loves us all. As we keep the commandments and live by the laws and bounds he has set then we will become more like him and he will be a greater part of us that can overcome sin.

We had an awesome lesson with this guy named steve. He is a really heavy smoker and he did something really awesome with us this week. We asked him if he would give us his cigarettes and he said that he would. We were so excited for his great faith to be able to do that. I have a great hatred for cigarettes!!! They keep people from being able to use their own agency so that they can follow God. We had a great time ripping all of the cigarettes to SHREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have another funny story to tell you! We went to this lady's house and she was a spanish lady and we (sis espinal haha) was teaching her the plan of salvation using the little visual aid map of the plan. When we do that we usually sit on the floor. While we were sitting on the floor I could smell this awful poop smell and it was horrendous. I looked around to see where the smell might be coming from and lo and behold it was coming from my shoes.........yea........my shoes...............and mind you I was kneeling down and SITTING on my feet. YEs SITTING on my feet. I was mortified but I couldn't just explode in the middle of the lesson and when I found this out the lesson has just begun. An hour of poop all over me and I was ready to be out of there. I had realized that little pieces had come off onto her carpet and I cleaned it up but wow. That was an adventure........then last night we were going to an appointment with a new investigator. It was dark and we knocked on the door and I felt myself step in something. Yes it was poop..............AGAIN! We told the new investigators the story and he called me a poop magnet..........yes............a POOP magnet. hahahaha well how embarrassing. Mom dont worry I disinfected EVERYTHING! hahaha. We are buying a mouse trap especially for el diablo today. He will only be here for one more night I can assure you. I think that we might have el diable a, b, c, d, e,f,..............and so on but I guess that we will find out!

Oh by the way sister Garner thinks that she accidently sent a package home that was supposed to go to me. She was sending you my jeans so that I didnt have to haul them around and there was another package that was supposed to come to me that had my picture of chrust and stuff in it. She told me to mention that in my email.

I love you all and the work is going along! Miss you all.

Thank you  britton and caden for the emails you are so sweet! I love to hear how you all are doing. MWAH MWAH!

Sister Fine


"I love the mission and I know that I will never want the mission to end. "


No comments:

Post a Comment