Monday, November 28, 2011

"El Diablo was pronounced DEAD!"

Hey Everyone!

Things are going lots better here in Elko!

We set a kid for baptism for dec 17! He is the kid named casey that the elders found. He is amazing and so humble. He doesn't care what anyone else says in his family he knows that the BOM is true. Since he is 18 he can legally take the lessons and get baptized without his parents approval. THey are not allowing us to meet in their home so we are meeting at the ward mission leaders home. He is amazing!

Some sad sad news...........neither balil or ruby got baptized.........they backed out and now they aren't going to at all. I was really sad but I know that they will come around as they feel that emptiness inside them. I have no doubt that they will get baptized someday. Gerry is still on for baptism this sat and I am so excited for him even though I will not be there. Sister Garner will be sending me pictures and a program so that I can have that. I am excited.

Another cool thing is we met this girl named Zharlay right when we were going to contact a referral we received. She was so sweet and so open to the message. She has been through a lot of hardship in her lack of an upbringing but she has felt the spirit when she has been with us. She prayed for the first time with us and I could see the tears well up in her eyes. Amazing. She said that if she finds out for herself that it is true then she will be baptized.

Another miracle is I told you that I met Gary Fine and his girlfriend brandy. One night a few days ago I had a feeling that we should go there. It was so dark and we couldn't find where they lived so we decided to go back to the truck  and call them. As soon as we called he said "wow sister Fine you must be an angel sent from God..." I was super confused as to why he said that so he found us and he invited us in. Apparently he and brandy were having a really rough day. They had just been thinking about us when we called. Crazy....... Then they invited us in and we sat down on the couch. As they were talking to us, sister Espinal and I noticed that there was a piece of paper on the coffee table in front of us and it said in someone's handwriting..."I am so thankful for a modern day prophet on the earth in these latter days. I am also thankful for the ultimate sacrifice of the atonement that christ made for all of us. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." We were a little snoppy by looking over at that but then sister espinal asked who wrote it. Brandy said that she did. She said that those words just came to her as she was writing last year. It was out on the table because she was just moving in and there was alot of stuff everywhere but that happened to be right there in front of us when we sat down. Brandy said that she has NEVER been in a LDS church before. How crazy is that? She said that she talked to her LDS friend once and that he told her about a modern day prophet and she believed him. After she told us this we asked her and Gary if they would like to learn more. We pointed out that everything that had happened with us meeting each other and coming at that specific time with the piece of paper sitting in front of us was not a coincidence. Since I have been on my mission I DO NOT believe in coincidences. They don’t happen. God makes everything happen for a reason. As soon as we asked them if they wanted to learn more the spirit flooded into the room. I know that we were there for them and that they would get baptized someday. Wow what an amazing experience.

Thanksgiving was good. We got to play football in the morning with a bunch of members and it was so fun! Let me tell you tho.....wow missionary work on holidays is hard. No one is out! But we did talk to everyone on the street and we got a few new investigators. SO that was good. I am continuing to play soccer in the mornings and yes it IS with a real ball hannah....hahaha. I did really well the other morning and made all the goals! :] This morning however.....hahaha pretty embarassing.

Yes dad that was an amazing deer! NICE WORK! I loved the story and how you described it! OUr brach pres for the spanish branch wants to hook up with you sometime and go hunting! His name is pres Nielson and he is amazing. SO FUNNY! You would like him. I told him last night when he came out with us that after my mission I will come back to visit this area and we will all go hunting together! He has a huge elk in his family room and it made me think of our explosion room of death. hahaha.

Christmas plans.........no idea. I am pretty sure that we cannot skype so just plan on talking to me for about 40 min. I would encourage you to write down things that you want to talk about so you dont forget when we get on the phone hahaha. I will do the same. I have no idea when we call home (what time in the day I mean) so when I hear more about that I will let you know. When I talk to you that will mean that I have been out for 6 months. TIME GOES BY TOO FAST!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad that you had a great time on thanksgiving. It felt just like another dinner with a member here. But they made us feel right at home it was very sweet. But wow this church is SOOOOOOO TRUE and there are no buts about it!

HAHAHAHA ELF! wow I love that movie. Amazing. I hope that you guys had a great time. I have no christmas ideas......I would like some music to play for christmas. BUt not for christmas because I want to listen to gospel christmas music before it comes. And the music guideline for this mission is anything that brings the spirit. So you can be the judge. :] Um I do want the cd "work" and nashville tribute to missionaries. We listened to it in green valley all the time and I love it with a passion. But that is all that I can think of. you know me and I trust you. Anything you send me will be amazing so dont stress too much over it. :] Yes sister garner did send the package to me that I was supposed to get. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH APPLE CUP! DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh just a little about elko. Everyone and their goldfish works at the gold mines here. So trying to get an appointment with people is crazy! hahaha. I want to go for a tour of the mines one of these days. :] I think that will be coool.Oh God gave us a thanksgiving present and that was the answer to my prayers. EL DIABLO WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD THANKSGIVING DAY. It was bad tho because in the middle of the night I heard a screaming noise coming from a small rodent underneath my desk. Yea gross. It fell into the tray of glue trap and it was stuck. I went back to sleep because I didn’t want to deal with it right then........then we went to morning sport and then came back and he was still alive. I unfortunately had to take care of it. Let’s just say he is now frozen in the garbage outside of our little cottage. None el diablos hosts haven’t died yet but hopefully soon.

I was asked to sing for a big festival called the christmas creche this saturday. I asked brandy (gary fine's brandy) to play the guitar for me. It shall be fun! I am singing O Holy night in spanish. :] going to be fun! Oh I am sending you all of my photo cds so that you can have all my pictures at home if anything happens to my camera or something. So make sure to keep them safe in my box or something after you do whatever you want with them. I want them to be there when I get home so that they will be safe. THanks momma and daddy for everything you do for me! XOXOXOXO give my little babies a kiss kiss for me. Love you and miss you all!

Sister Fine


No comments:

Post a Comment