Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"I'm so grateful that you taught me to work."

Hi my lovely humans. I love you all so much and I am SOOOOOO thankful for you and your support to me and my mission. I turned 4 months old this week how insane is that?!?! It felt like a day has gone by! We are seeing so much success in our investigators in the last week! We are so excited. We have an investigator named Blue and she was in the hospital this week but now she is out! we went there as soon as she got in the emergency room. We had our Ward mission Leader come with his son and give her a blessing. We visited her a few times and she prayed for the FIRST TIME! We were SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! She kept crying because she is upset with God because she feels like she has been punished for nothing by having all these medical problems but now she wants to get baptized! She goes to dialysis 3 times a week and because of the cathiter she cant be immersed in water, but now her doctor is totally on board in finding a way so that she can get baptized! So amazing! She also came to church for the first time yesterday! :] We are seeing more and more progression with Carey. We had a fireside with Elder Marlin K Jensen of the Seventy on thursday night and carey as well as 3 other of our investigators came! They felt the spirit so strong and it was amazing. Carey, as well as the rest of them said that it felt like Elder Jensen was talking straight to them and no one else. How cool. From that Carey made a HUGE step towards baptism! He is so awesome! and to think that 2 months ago he did not have a testimony at all...I beleive that he is the reason I was here in green valley. I love it here but I feel a transfer coming. But I know that whereever I go it will be a new adventure and new people and new miracles. I feel like Ive talked to everyone and their dog plus their goldfish 4 times since ive been here in the promised land of green valley haha. Its funny. We are tight with all the people! We got a new Ward Mission Leader and I am so excited about the enthusiasm he has for the work! It is true that where ever the members work hard for missionary work, the work for the full time missionaries EXPLODE! I love the work and it is such a blessing to be here.

Mommy and Daddy, I had something happen to me that has never happened before. I woke up one day last week bawling because I just had a dream that you both died in the same week! PLEASE BE SAFE AND FOLLOW THE SPIRIT IF THERE IS DANGER! I was bawling because it felt so real. I also had a dream that hannah was calling my name and I tried to run to her but cassie wasnt letting me hahaha. Wow cas, how dare you! ;] Weird dreams as a missionary. I also have dreams about teaching. Sister Garners last companion would talk in her sleep but the funniest part is that she taught lessons in her sleep out loud hahahahahaha. Hilarious!

My sunglasses are gone and no where to be found. I am STRUGGLING without a good pair of glasses. It is horrible. I keep hoping that they will turn up but they havent yet....

So we had the most amazing zone conference this week! Elder Jesen Trained us basically all friday long and wow, how incredible! I learned so much! I got to shake his hand and talk with him. It was pretty cool. OUr investigator carey got to meet him too......im not sure if he knows what that means yet but when he does he will realize how special of an experience it was. I sang for the zone conference and it went really well. The song was gorgeous. I was thinking about having someone record it.....I am singing in quial ridge ward this sunday so maybe I will have them record it then. But I will never forget............we sat down after sister Vander Does and I sang and Elder Jensen looked down at me and mouthed the words "that was soooo gorgeous." I just cant beleive a gereneral authority has heard me sing. I felt really blessed. I also sang at the Whitney Ranch ward this last week. Im just singing all over the place! We recieved alot of revelation for our investigators at the zone conference. We are so stoked! I think that we have had 900 baptisms in our mission this year so far.

We also did a day of service on the dark side (the west mission hahaha) and cleaned out empty house lots for a while. Dad and Mom I am so grateful that you taught me how to work because, honestly, I was one of the only missionaries out of all the elders and sisters that were working hard! I looked around and all the elders were standing around....yea......thats why I want a hardworking husband someday. I want someone that is going to work super hard beside me, not watching me do all the work. These elders were showing me what to avoid like the plague lets just say that. hahaha. But it felt good to do that much physical labor. We were pulling out bushes, raking up the dirt, picking up garbage, pulling out roots etc. It was hard work and a sister showed up most of the elders, thats all im saying hahaha. Wow you saw my sassy side just there.

Right after that, even when we were all dirty we went to the temple to have a lesson with Balil! It was amazing. He set himself for baptism nov 26th. It was amazing. I just wanted to scream and shout for joy! :] I was sooooooooo happy!

Everything is going well in green valley! Know that I love you and I miss you all! I was grateful for the stuff I got from Nick today because I see the letters dwindling. He always makes my day! Im so thankful for him! :] Hes amazing.

Wow I cant think of anything else. I love the work and I miss you but this is the place that I am supposed to be! MWAH MWAH! Tell my babies that I give them kisses and loves. XOXOXOXOXO

I know I am forgeting so much but I AM sending a package today! I thought I was going to get it out last week but it was an insane week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will try to put some more things in there. Here are some pictures too! Love you lots! Please take care of yourselves.









No comments:

Post a Comment