Monday, March 19, 2012

"ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE."

Feb. 6th, 2012

Hello family,

This week has been great! With Sister Neider, Sister Hanny, Dr. Childs, and Dr. Bobbie Turner I am doing well. Wow I didnt even know that Superbowl was yesterday hahaha thats crazy. Hope you guys had fun! We had a great day at church yesterday. We had 7 people at church and there were some of our regular investigators who didn't come due to sickness and miscommunictation with rides....but wow our area is progressing. Honestly sister Hanny and I have felt really strongly about dropping people who are not progressing. In my other areas I felt like we held onto the same people that were not showing promise and now that we are letting them go we can see that it is the best thing for them at the time. ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE. But we are seeing a lot of progression with Danny. He is a 64 year old man and he is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! We die every time we see him. We are helping him quit smoking and he has gone down from 20 ciggarettes to 4-5. He is quiting for sure on tues. I have learned so many different tricks on my mission on how to help people quit smoking. Have them make up their own plan, give them little encouragements and suggestions, have them swish with cinnamon mouth wash, chew cinnamon gum or such on cinnamon candy to fight cravings on top of praying and reading your guts out. Also I have heard that if you rip a ciggarette up and pour the tobacco out into a saucepan with milk and boil it and have the addict drink it they will never smoke again. BUt I have NO IDEA if it works! Im scared to have them try it! It will make them super sick I think hahaha. We also went to a baptism for a person sister hanny taught and Danny came it was awesome. He is going to get baptized on mar 3. We love him so much he calls us his grandaughters. We can never leave his house without our car being washed or be given a gift or be carrying 30 pounds of groceries to our car. He is amazing and so hilarious. He is our grandfather. Its crazy because there were some other things that he had to take care of and as soon as we brought it up he had already been doing things to correct it. AMAZING FAITH! We just did a ward fast for Leslie, we love her and she is going to get baptized on mar 3 too. Awesome we love her boys. They are amazing. We are also teaching jay and tina and they are awesome. We love their little boys too. I love our wards because we dont even have to ask them to go and fellowship the investigators on their own time. It is amazing. I LOVE THE LAS VEGAS MEMBERS! Anyways I love you and I miss you and I hope that everything is going well with everyone! HANNH I LOVED THE PICS THAT YOU SENT ME! KEEP DOING THAT! What is your email and shars email and such? Tell daddy that I hope his back feels better. And tell cas that shes hot and all my babies that they are my loves. Oh one more story for the week.......so yesterday when we were about to go to ward counsel we walked out the door and there was a baby puppy under the porch swing and he wouldn't let us touch him......he was so lonely and cold and hungry and we took care of him outside and then this morning he was gone. Awh little baby beagle. Um I dont know what else to say but things are going well. I love my mission and I am trying to do better everyday. Just a litle bit better every day. I love you. Mwah off to take bridesmaid pics and thank you so much for the camera card! MWAH MWAH MWAH! TEE TEE F N, TAH TAH for NOW! Miss you!

Sister Fine

Ps in the pics we are holding a thing called a Dagoo....its a rodent. hahaha Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment