Saturday, November 17, 2012

"I think I have Las Vegas summer blood now"

October 29, 2012

Ok here is my week! We have this new investigator named Jill who was provided by the Dutsons (as always) I love them so much! Mommy!!! SIster Dutson just got the same exact calling as you so I get to see a lot of what you do! Anyways....The Dutsons invited us over to have dinner with Jill and also the Dutsons invited Jessie and Jeremy as well. It was so great. Jill's son Ricardo just went on a mission to Paraguay and she was asking us tons of questions about missions and what we do. It was really great! Then at the end the Dutsons said "hey sisters do you want to do a lesson?" And we said of course! So we were talking for a little while with her and then the conversation just went automatically to the Plan of Salvation! She loved the lesson and she said that she would like to learn more! SO EXCITING! Now we are teaching Jill and this lady named Suzanne. Suzanne has been taking the lessons for a while now and we go over to their house once a week. I think suzanne is getting closer. She resists if we push so we are just trying to bring the spirit in her home so that she feels the difference. Her husband is a member and her son is also a member. They are a great family! 

For about a week and a half, one of the recent converts in our ward (Kevin) was in the hospital. He had a large blood clot over his right lung. He is 18 years old and he wants to serve a mission so bad! Then to our surprise, he was at church yesterday! He was finally released from the hospital! It was awesome! We visited him a couple of times in the hospital last week to try and get his spirits up! I know that the Lord has a plan for him. 

HEY! SO thank you for my ballot! Did you get it back from me yet?  How are all of you feeling about all this election stuff?!?! I'm excited to hear what kind of condition our country is in! I hope it is in the positive.t  

This last few weeks since all of our recent converts got baptized we have been doing TONS of family history!!!! That is one of the things that I am going to explode on when I get home! But we have been helping our recent converts research their ancestors and get names printed up so that their work can be done, Very amazing to see their faces and how excited they are to help their deceased loved ones. Jessie is taking a great interest in it and it is very exciting! Jeremy also has his father's name printed up. We are going to do the baptisms this week! So excited for that. This last week on friday we went with Bill and did baptisms for the dead with him. It was the first time I have done baptisms for the dead in years! It was a great great thing. Mommy and Daddy....do you think it is possible for me to just live at the temple so that I can always be doing work? hahahaha....I wish!!!!!! Hey daddy! What is grandma's full name! I want to add her in to my fan chart! And she was born on aug 16th of WHAT YEAR? What is all her info so I can add it? We have a lot to work to do on our lines! So EXCITED!

 SO lately I have been diving more into the new testament and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Reading about the Lord's life and ministry is amazing! I'm so thankful for all the records and plain and precious things that were kept over the years. SOOOOO thankful! This week I was asked to give a talk on my favorite conference talk as well as talking about my mission and me before my mission. I prayed really hard to know what to say and all of a sudden I started just writing and writing!!!!! I filled pages up and I was prompted to say many things but I was worried that it was going to take too long. The exec. secretary asked me to speak for 20ish min so I was hoping that it would work out! I kid you not..........I did all that I could to prepare and when I got up there with 20 min remaining in the meeting, words flowed out of my mouth so freely and totally by the spirit. It was one of those times that I knew that the Lord was giving me every word to speak. It was the smoothest talk I have ever given in my life. I felt comfortable up there and the spirit filled my heart. I spoke about Jeffrey R. Holland's talk "The First and Great Commandment" and it was wonderful. I also finished 5 after the hour! Perfect! I am so thankful for the Lord's support when I do everything I can, aside from my weaknesses. VERY THANKFUL! 

So the weather has been super nice this past week and miles are running low at the end of the month so we decided to walk a lot. One of the days I was freezing cold I had to put thick tights on and a long sleeve shirt. I could have sworn it was 30 degrees but...............it was 60 hahaha. Wow, I think I have las vegas summer blood now! When we were walking the other day I saw a huge roadrunner. They are funny to watch! I was trying to get a picture like I did with the turkey but it didn't work :( sad to say hahahaha. We see lots of crazy things running around all the time! hahaha.

 Hey family! Make sure that the missionaries are taken care of for the holidays.  I decided that I am going to have the missionaries over for everything. So they feel more at home. Holidays are interesting on the mission but I will live. hahaha. Love all of your guts so much and I pray that all was well this week! MWAH MWAH MWAH!!!!!!!!


Sister Fine

ps-this picture is of us emailing right now hahaha. Dont I look precious. Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment