Thursday, November 29, 2012

"I Sang for Elvis Presley's Manager!"

November 13, 2012

Sorry about yesterday! We had zone conference with a general authority! It was my day to go with 4 of the zones! Sorry to scare you that I wasn't on yesterday. Hopefully you were notified so that you didnt think that I died or something hahahaha. It was an amazing zone conference, I took like 10 pages of notes in my journal. Also to prepare for the zone conference with Stanley G. Ellis of the Seventy we were given a talk about being a consecrated missionary. We were assigned to all read the talk and all of us were asked to prepare a 5 minute talk and Elder Ellis would call on 2 people to give talks on the spot. GUESS WHO WAS PICKED!!!! Hahahaha. So I gave a talk on being a consecratesd missionary in front of a GENERAL AUTHORITY!!! Very nerve racking but the words just flowed out of my mouth and surprisingly I was not nervous at all. It worked out really well. Im soo grateful that I can prepared!!! :]

 It hit me this week that I only have a few weeks left on the mission. I am one of the "about to die" missionaries hahaha. But I am not going to focus on that, I am focusing on RIGHT NOW! As Uchtdorf says "You are always in the middle of your mission, it is not the end until it ends." And even when it ends, it really doesnt end. I want to hold cottage meetings at our house and have lessons in our home every week!!! hahaha. Im excited to be a better member missionary because now I know what our responsibility of member missionaries is!!!! I think us as members dont understand how important we are in the work! In EVERY baptismI have had, it was always when a member was actively involved in the whole process. Not just 1 or 2 members but the ward working together!!!!!! :] I learned so much from my mission so far I dont even know where to begin. 

So with that girl, she is not doing well. We had a very sacred experience with her this week and it made me see another reason why I am here. I have gone through experiences of seeing one that I love go through partially the same thing and so I am here to help. The key is.....she doesnt want to be helped. We found a lady who went through ALL of the same things that anna did and we set up a time to meet with all of us together and after we left I guess it went sour. She just wants to die. She is miserable in her life and she doesnt have a eating disorder in her mind....she just knows that if she starves herself she will die. And she wants to die because of all of the horrible things that have happened to her in her life. I just want the best for her but she has to want the best for her too. 

Sister Dutson told me that you said that hannah is doing good. I always worry because I know that you probably dont tell me everything and my whole mission I have just hoped that she is always getting better! It sounds like she is my hannah again! She was before I left but its been so long! When sister Dutson told me that hannah was doing good and that she was using this trial to help others I put my face in my hands and just bawled happy tears! HANNAH IS SUCH A STRONG ONE! I love her so much! I am proud of all of my little babies! They are getting so big and I cant wait to see them! I cant believe I will be able to hug you and kiss all of your cheeks. 

This week was great and we went to do baptisms for the dead with Jessie, Jeremy and Summer. They all did family names and it was such a sacred experience. I got cold chills as I saw all of them go into the water. Jeremy did baptisms for his own father, his grandpa and some of Jessie's ancestors. Jessie did some of her great aunts and great grandparents. Summer did a baptism for her own mother. Amazing. We all cried together! It was beautiful. We are even helping others be baptized who are on the other side of the veil. Amazing. 

Kevin was in the hospital again! This was the worst time. He is 18 years old, a recent convert, wants to go on a mission so bad, and he is suffering so much! In the hospital room when we visited him I just wanted to take all of his pain away. He has a blood clot from his foot to his hip. He is still in the hospital but he has so much support from the ward. He is an amazing guy and I know that the Lord will have him serve where he is needed the most!

Saturday we went and I practiced the song that I sang on the recording. It was actually saturday that we recorded it because we wanted to take it to Kevin so he wouldnt miss it. We thought it would cheer him up too!!!! It was sister Brunner's idea to record it! Im thankful for that.  I sang that song the next day in church and I really felt like my voice was guided. :]

This sunday we spoke at a baptism for a 8 year old and it turned out great! I just thought about caden and planned a talk on the holy ghost for caden because I really didnt know the kid at all. But it ended up great! Plus caden is almost 10 so hes not my little baptism boy anymore! My babies are getting so big!!!!!! 

Yesterday was amazing with the zone conference with the general authority! We get to go to a fireside with him tonight and we are bringing Jill, one of our investigators. Yesterday we had a lesson with Jessie and Jeremy and they talked about how much they loved the temple and that they felt a really strong spirit there. It made me soooooooooooo happy! Then we stayed and the Dutsons invited their neighbors over for dinner who had been taught the lessons before. Sister Dutson wanted us to try again on them because the last sister missionaries that taught them were not bold at all. It is so nice to feel the trust of the members! Now that they trust us, they trust us with their closest friends and family! THeir neighbors just happen to be Bobby and Joan. Bobby was Elvis Presley's manager for a long time. And the dutsons had me sing to them last night.  I felt soooooooooooo honored! We talked with them and asked if they will try the lessons again and they said yes! They are really busy right now but we are going to start lessons with them after thanksgiving. 

Speaking of thanksgiving, it looks like we are going to be on our own...... :( I was spoiled last thanksgiving, members made sure that we were feeling at home. This thanksgiving...im not sure what it going to happen :( but itll be fine. Some missionaries are washing their clothes in rivers and sleeping on dirt floors so I think that I will be fine hahahaha.

 Anyways.....tell my sisters that I am sorry about the soccer game! They are amazing little players! Also tell britton that his deer is SICK! Amazing job! Um I am trying to think if what else.....um....I LOVE YOU AND I WILL SEE YOU IN 8 WEEKS! MWAH!!!!!

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment