Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"I Was Running After the Turkey with a Book of Mormon"

October 15, 2012

 Wow this week has been a crazy one!!!!!!! We had 3 baptisms! I got a few pictures :] The baptisms went amazing. Jessie, Jeremy, and Kelsie were GLOWING after they were baptized and confirmed. Jessie and Jeremy's baptism was very amazing. At the end, they bore their testimonies and their eyes were both filled with tears. Jessie prayed and asked if this was true and if she should be baptized and then she just opened her scriptures to 2 nephi 31 hahahaha that was her answer. Amazing! Also it was a really great thing because her parents were there and they are not very supportive of her decision but they were there and they were crying! They didnt even know what they were feeling! THE SPIRIT! WOOOHOOOOO! Jeremy's testimony was amazing and made me cry. The moment that he knew this was true was when we were teaching him the plan of salvation and we taught about how people that had not received the gospel before they passed away still have a chance to hear the gospel and accept it. I remember that lesson. He teared up, his heart started pounding and he was shaking a little bit. At that point he knew that the plan of salvation was real and he was so happy that his dad can have the same opportunity he has. We will be doing jeremy's dad's work as soon as we get it all set up :] 


Kelsie's was really great! Very short and simple and sweet. She is an amazing girl! I love her so much. Kelsie was tearing up after it was all over and you could see the glow she had! It was an amazing weekend. Now that leaves us with a pretty much empty teaching pool but sister monson and I have some potentials from the members. Very excited about that.


 Awwww Im so proud of my little babies.  Hannah was Homecoming Queen!  I'm so proud of baby cade! and wow Britton looks like a beast in that football picture. He looks so big and tall! I cant believe it! Shar is amazing! When I see my little babies in pictures I just want to cry! Everyone looks soooooo good! I miss them :] 

Sooooooooooooo this week I got a little hurt.....there was a REALLY REALLY big storm over here and they thought we were going to have a tornado. That DIDNT happen but it was a bad storm. We were walking outside and watching the lightning from afar. All of a sudden it started to sprinkle and we started to run to the car. One of the members saw us running and pulled over to give us a ride to the church so we could get our car and go home. What a blessing because as soon as we got in the car the storm hit HARD right over us. HAIL, RAINDROPS THE SIZE OF GOLF BALLS and thunder and lightning hitting all around us. I WAS REALLY SCARED. Usually I relly like those storms but I was convinced that I was going to be hit by lightning or something hahaha. Sister Monson was calming me down before we ran inside. Said a prayer and got out and I began to run! We were soaked instantly and as I was running the ground was all flooded so I couldn't see where I was stepping and my foot got caught in this gap and I sprained my bad ankle again. It was dramatic....hahaha dragging myself up the steps soaking wet and crying because my ankle hurt so bad! Im good now though hahaha....just have it wrapped up and it feels better. 

Sooooo you know how I am trying to preach the gospel to "every creature?" hahahaha well the other day, we were walking up to a member's house and there was a TURKEY on their truck! I was running after it with a book of mormon and sister monson tried to get a picture for me but the turkey was too fast hahahaha. So hilarious! I love you all and I miss you tons! It is crazy that my time is coming to a close but I am loving loving loving my mission and things are slowing down a little bit but they will pick back up. Our goal for this transfer is 5 baptisms and we have had 3 and so we need to find the other lucky 2 souls!

 I love these people so much! I am so glad that my grandparents are going to be there when I get home :] It will be very good :] MWAH MWAH MWAH! I think that is all for this week! Oh wait! I forgot! We had a zone meeting and the Zone leaders wanted 3 trainings to take place and so they asked the district leaders and I to train. I trained the zone on some of the Christlike attributes. I think that it went pretty well! There are always so many things that I have to learn! Love you all and I will talk to you later! 

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment