Sunday, December 2, 2012

"I Spoke in Stake Conference"

November 19, 2012

So STORYTIME!!!! This week, the Elders were street contacting in an apt complex and they saw this lady praying. So they walked up to her and waited for her to be done. When she opened her eyes she was like "ELDERS HI!!!" Then before they could even say anything, she wrote out all her information and gave it to them and said I want to be taught by sisters. hahaha. So then we contacted her and she is amazing. Maybe I already told you this but, her name is Stefani and she is sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet. She has had some really big trials in her life and she is super humble. She said that she is thinking about joining the church. So we gave her the first lesson and then asked her to get baptized and her response was "ABSOLUTELY!!!" hahahaha wow I havent quite gotten that response before hahaha. It was amazing. She said that she needs to get her answer before she sets a date but we are soooooooooooooooooooo excited for her! 

This week was stake conference and she came! She loved it! Afterwards she was like, "Its over already?" hahahaha I dont think that she will have a hard time with church being 3 hours long hahaha. Speaking of Stake conference, I was asked  by the stake president to speak in stake conference. I spoke for 5-7 minutes on missionary work, go figure, hahaah. After I spoke I sat down and I said a little prayer in my heart, "Heavenly Father, please help me to know if I said what I was supposed to say. And please let me know if I was guided by the spirit." After Stake conference, I was swarmed by people who said over and over again that I had the spirit radiating from me. I knew it was an answer to my prayer. The end of stake conference was very powerful because the Stake President had all of us fulltime missionaries march from the back of the gym to the front through the isles singing Called to Serve! People were crying! It was pretty cool. Im excited because the theme for next year in the central stake is missionary work! In the foyers afterwards we handed out so many items so that members can give them out to their friends. It was great! 

 We had a fireside on tuesday night that was soooooooooo amazing! Stanley G. Ellis spoke to all of us and our investigators and recent converts. We took Pam Pew with us. I love her so much! Since a month before her baptism til now, she has given out 50 marked BOMs! Can you beleive that? And when she went to new mexico after her baptism she gathered all of these ranch families and held cottage meetings in her home and showed church movies and taught them about the church. Unfortunatley there are no missionaries in sight for about an hour and a half!!! :( But she is a great missionary. 

We are contacting people like crazy out here. I got into this slump of not contacting people as well because there werent a lot of people to talk to on the street. But even though I get nervous sometimes I just go up to everyone I see and talk to them and words just fall out of my mouth. Its amazing. The Lord really helps us as we rely solely on him. 

The weather has been getting pretty cold. I broke out the sweats and sweatshirts when it hit the 60's. 60 is FREEZING down here. I think it is because now I have las vegas blood. hahaha. Its about 50 or 60 every day. And Im just thinking about how cold Im going to be wihen I get home. I think I will die of cold when I get home. 

The missionary force is getting huge! SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Everyone and their dog and their goldfish is getting mission calls to all over the world! Did you know that a mission opened in China finally? THey are just being hush hush about it because they want to keep their relationship with China a good one that keeps building. :] Awesome. The second coming of the Messiah is coming soon I feel! :] We must prepare! 

HEY I GOT BANGS! My Fall tradition. :] I love them! Im trying to send a picture, we will see if it works!

Last thing for this week. We went on splits and did a mini mission with some laurels. It was awesome! It is amazing how miracles happen when you take the youth out with you! COntacts right and left and potential investigators right and left! Amazing! Now they are so excited to go on their missions. I love the fire behind all the youth right now! It is amazing to see! Well I love you all so much and I miss you and I want to kiss your cheeks and I just love you and love you and love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment