Friday, December 28, 2012

"I have a 3 hour layover in Salt Lake City!"


December 17, 2012

Hey Family! I love you! Did you see the temple when you flew home? Mom I have a 3 hour layover in SLC! I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK! Who can come visit me from SLC during that time? Hmmmmmmmm..........I guess I will just have to hand out the Book of Mormon like candy at the airport! Yea I was wondering what you were going to do for the 25th. Are all the kids okay with doing all of Christmas on Jan 4th or something? When were we going to do it? The same day I get home? Or after so we can all sleep in the same room again over night when santa comes or what is the plan? Are the kids going to be able to wait? Yes I did give in on the skype thing. We are going to skype at sister dutsons house and sister dutson should be calling you today with us there about Christmas day so we can plan it all out. Reporting to the High Counsel? Like a talk? Or what is that? hahaha. Never heard of that hahaha. Maybe Im just deaf hahaha. I want you to know that I am soooooooooo happy and excited to come home and kiss all of your faces! You are amazing and I miss you so much! Im excited to skype with you all! I would LOVE to help out with the Activity day thing. It will be so bomb! The whole tradgety this week...wow.....I didnt even hear until yesterday at church. It just shows how sheltered we are as missionaries. Had a good week this week. Better than last week for sure!
 
Had more lessons this week. And we got a new investigator! Jessie's sister Erica! :] When Jessie and Jeremy joined the church, Jessie's family was really against the whole thing. But they ended up coming to her baptism and seeing her confirmed on sunday in sac meeting. A few months go by and Jessie has been talking to her sister about the gospel. Erica agreed to have a lesson with us for Jessie, so that she can understand what Jessie is doing. THat is where it all starts! Erica is way more receptive than Jessie thinks she is! I know there is a little fear with sharing with your family because you dont want them to reject the gospel. You know? But Erica had great questions! It felt so good to teach again because we have just been trying to find find find. We have been doing everything we can to find people to teach. And look! We got Erica! AMazing daughter of God. After the lesson she said, "Sister Fine, when do you go home? I like you! I want to have more lessons before you leave!" That made me feel really good. SInce sister De Greef and I started the transfer, we have been really working on teaching together. It has been a little rough....but we are getting there. When we were doing something at sister dutsons house the other day, sister dutson said "sister fine, you are doing great work with sister de greef, she did a lot better this time!"  I know that every area or companion has helped me a ton whether it was really difficult or not. We had a zone meeting this week and we had the Christmas party and talent show.  It was nice to sit and enjoy. I was going to dance, but music selection and choreography is really hard on the mission hahaha. Also I havent danced in 18 months so.......who knows what that looks like hahaha.
 
We also did something cool in our area this week! We gathered up the district (5 companionships total) and divided our area up to everyone and made assignments so our area could be blitzed! 10 missionaries in one area was the BOMB! Everyone made great contacts and we are excited to followup on everything that the Elders helped us do. Awesome Possum!

Yesterday in Beverly Glen ward we had just finished hearing all the talks and then the bishop got up to close the meeting. To my suprise, this is what he said...."As all of you know, we have had Sister Fine serving in our ward for a few months now and she is going home in about three weeks. Sister Fine will you please come up and give a 5 minute talk on your mission?" So I got up there and I about had a heart attack! After I was done I didnt remember what I said but I got lots of love from the members. I love these people so much!  I got really emotional at the pulpit because it seemed as though all of my mission hit me in that one moment. As I sat down next to my recent convert Jessie, I was bawling. She linked her arm with mine and said that she loved me. I was so thankful for that moment because I just love Jessie and I love all of the people that I have come into contact with. EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!!!!!! AHHHHH! But it has changed my life. I know that all of these things that I teach are true. I feel the Savior in my life every day. I feel angels surrounding me and bearing me up!
 
We had interviews with president this week and he said many things that really touched me. He said that he trusts me completely and that he loves me so much and is so thankful for the leadership I am in the mission and for helping others to grow around me. I thought that was really sweet. Also Sister Neider told me that she loved me so much. She looked deep into my eyes and I could really feel their love for me.
 
One more experience before I have to go do my laundry. Saturday night we came home at 9 to plan for the next day....and as soon as I shut the door when I came inside, I got a ton of pain in my bad knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAdnt had that in a long time! BUt I had it for the rest of the night and it was really hard to sleep. But as soon as I got out of bed at 630 I felt nothing. It just showed me that the Lord provides for us so that we can have strength as we do his work. Amazing amazing! Love you all! and I will talk to you next monday!
 
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment