Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Thank You So Much For The Prayers That You Have Offered For Me"

December 24, 2012

We have been caroling every day for a week and it has been amazing! We have gotten into so many homes to give blessings on the home. What we did was all of us made a huge list of people we wanted to carol to (non members, potentials, and part member families) and our ward mission leader hooked up  the biggest flatbed trailer I have ever seen to the back of his truck, threw some bails of hay on the back and got a huge group together! Going on the hay wagon has been super fun but SUPER COLD! BTW I am going to freeze to death when I get home if I am freezing in 50 degree weather. Then we would stop and go up to a house and sing a few songs. As we sang, many people from our group would go up to the door and hand the people oranges, candy canes, a box of my favorite cherry chocolates, and at the end one of us missionaries would go up to the door and give them a Joy to the World dvd. Then we would proceed to ask them if they would allow my companion and I to come in their home and have a prayer with them right then. Then we did the blessing contact I told you about before. REALLY EFFECTIVE! We have gotten 4 appointments from it so far and that is such a miracle!

 We had one of the appointments with this lady a couple of days ago that the elders found in our area from 
caroling. She is really nice, her name is Teri. She is an older disabled lady and she is know for her "senior smart house, the house that cares for you!" She showed us around, it was really awesome! Then we were able to share the Christmas story with her and she invited us back on Christmas!!!! WOWEE! Usually no one wants to see our face on holidays hahaha but she is alone and she wants us to celebrate with her. Really cool! Last night we were really successful. We found 2 families that are ready to receive the restored gospel! One of the families set an appointment for the 3rd at 11 :( that was a dagger to the heart.) The other family we are meeting with to teach the plan of salvation to the day after Christmas! SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! These two families lived right next to the Dutsons and the Taylors. Obviously really really active members in missionary work all the time. The Lord puts people in the path of those that are willing and ready to share the gospel! WHAT A MIRACLE!!!! :]

 Soooooo...........the end of the world didnt happen. SO GLAD! There are so many more things that need to happen before Christ comes again. I swear everyone was going crazy down here hahaha. I hope no one in the world did anything too stupid. There are some crazies in the world, let me tell you hahaha. 

So I have kinda bummed that my last baptism was in October and I dont get to see one before I go home...welll....I take that back........miracles happen so I dont know yet............but anyways, the SPirit has taught me this week why we are not getting baptisms right now and he has also taught me why I am in the position I am in now. Let me explain.  I have learned the power of 2 testifying about the message more than ever. When there is only one, it is not as powerful. I have had some talks with my companion (with love) about what I expect from her as my companion. She takes all of my suggestions with great humility, which has been a powerful example to me.  One day, after a lesson I just shut down. I was soooooooo discouraged  because the goal of teaching in unity felt so out of reach. Since we didnt have the spirit I pulled the car over and prayed. The Spirit chastised me for being so frustrated and I learned why this was happening. The Spirit spoke to me and said, "Sister Fine, cheer up your heart, you are in this companionship because though you wont have another baptism before the end of your mission, your companion will have people placed in her path in the last year of her mission. You are needed to train her and to help her with the skills that you have gained over your 18 months of service to help her become an effective advocate of the truth. Your legacy will live on through her as she serves the rest of her mission. Take hold of the opportunity at hand and move forward with faith." Mom and dad and babies, I literally felt the power of the Atonement overcome me and fill me with love and compassion for my companion. I have a clear understanding of what the Lord expects of me in the last few days of my mission. I am so thankful for the light that the Lord sheds into my heart by the Spirit. I am so thankful for the strength that he has always given me to act on the promptings of the Spirit and I am so thankful for all the confirmation I have received letting me know that what I have done is right. I love the Lord. I feel his love. I want others to feel of his grace as well. I pray that all of us will look into ourselves and what the Spirit is telling us right now. May we act upon it so the Lord can continually bless us. I love you all so much and I have prayed for you every night. 

Thank you so much for the prayers that you have offered for me. I literally feel them over me and blessing me. I feel more at peace about leaving the mission. The Lord has been telling me through my mind and through President that it is my time to go home and that he will take care of me.  I have to tell you though, the wards I am in are not being subtle with the hints on wanting me to marry their returned missionary sons..............oh boy. Needless to say, ward counsel yesterday was all of the auxiliary leaders setting me up with all of them. I was so embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were so naughty! I tried to change the subject but it didn't work! I am just taking it as a compliment and shrugging it off, but you'd think that they would be more respectful of my calling as a missionary. They know how much I love the mission and how much I don't want to leave.....little stinkers....

 Anyways....besides that, the members are spoiling us with gifts! I cant even believe it!!!!! We get little gifts on our doorstep every day! SO SWEET! Anyways...I am sending some packages home for me trying to make room in my suitcases so I am sorry if it is a lot. I will try to ship them as cheap as possible. I am getting rid of a lot of stuff by leaving it here for other missionaries so that will help. Love you all and I will see you TOMORROW AT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooohooooooooo!


Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment