Friday, December 14, 2012

"I Turned 17 Months on Thanksgiving"

November 26, 2012

Hello my family! HAPPY Thanksgiving late! I love you so much and I really hope and pray that it was a really good time with the sister Missionaries. Here was my week.

Monday: Had a good pday. Sister Monson packed up all her stuff and I took a long nap. I was soooooo exhausted and I didnt know why! Little did I know I was about to get real reall sick. Im glad I had a nap or else it probably would have been worse this week. That night we went and had a lesson with Jill at the Dutson's house. Jill is going through a lot of the normal struggles that investigators have, and she doesnt want to come to church...sooooo...thats an issue but we are working on it. All we need to do is to teach her and promise her blessings that come from keeping the commandments and she will be just fine. She will progress along. We have a meeting with her tomorrow. After the lesson, Sister Monson and I presented an FHE lesson for one of the empty nesters groups out here and that was good. We had a lot of good food and we played a game. Oh my goodness I cannot wait to teach you this game when I come home.  We all will die of laughing so hard. hahaha. Then the Dutsons said goodbye to sister monson and I was bawling like a baby. I love Sister Monson so much! 

Tues: Transfers! In the Morning we said goodbye to everyone that sister Monson wanted to see and then we headed over to transfers. It was a really great meeting. It was REALLY REALLY weird to see some of the sisters go home that were in the MTC with me and flew out here with me on the plane. My time is coming wayyyyyy too soon. The members and everyone is reminding me how I only have about 5 weeks left. But sister De Greef and I got together and had a great first evening! Sister Cheatham finally got transferred out of Black mountain since I started training her!  She is now serving in the same area sister Hanny and I opened about a year ago. WOw it has been that long since I have been there. wow. Also, sister Lio went home. Sad day. Do you know if Carly and Mike are coming to my departing testimony? Do the Bensons want to come? Will you invite anyone that is close to here to come and see me?  Uncle Danny?  I think he is only about an hour or 2 away from here. Anyways.....

Wed: We had district meeting. And we had a lesson with Suzanne. It was good.  She is also really closed off so I have no idea how to find out her concern. Its really hard, but we are still working at it. Showing her that the Lord loves her and her family so much!

Thurs: We have been biking a ton this week! Lots of fun! Talking to lots of people! Then we went to the Dutsons for thanksgiving! We helped set everything up and it was really good to meet more of their family! Their youngest daughter just got her mission call to Santiago Chile! Cool cool! I love the Dutsons so much! SOOOOO SOOOOO Much! Then that night because no one wanted to talk to us hahahaha we handed out tons and tons of thank you cards to some of our members and investigators and such! :] fun stuff! Also I turned 17 months on thanksgiving! Pretty crazy huh! 

Friday: Friday was really slow. We had weekly planning though and that was good. We have a lot of potentials coming out of the woodwork! Very excited!

Sat: Sat was a good day. We had a new member lesson with Jessie and Jeremy! I love them soooooooooooo much! Then we visited a member and all of a sudden she is working on 3 different people! We were like "so when were you planning on telling us that you are baptizing the world right now hahahaha." Then at night we went with our ward mission leader and his wife to deliver haloween pictures. The wards down here are GENIUS when it comes to missionary work in the activities. That is what they plan the entire event around! So for the Haloween party we had at the church, Bro Affleck painted an amazing backdrop so that people could get their pictures taken. Then we had it set up that the people would give their addresses so that we could deliver the pictures when they were done! That way we can make some contact to the non members who came and invite them to our Christmas party and see if there is any other way that we can help them! So we did that this week and I have never been so welcomed by nonmembers in my life! hahahahaha! I swear all the non members look at us here like we are going around killing innocent dogs or something. hahaha. wow. But it was really amazing!!!!!!

Sunday: CHURCHNESS! We had some really hard stuff happen about an investigator we have, but the Spanish missionaries and us were really unified in all of it and just did our best. We cant control everything, just what we do! I am really excited because we have a new sweet sweet investigator named Jasmine. We love her so much! She is BIll's niece. Very excited. And it worked out to where both the spansih elders and us are teaching her at the same time. That is what she wanted I guess so that is how we are going to do it! Jasmine is getting baptized either dec 15 or dec 22. Very excited! OH MY GOODNESS! We also got a Christmas tree!!!!! The members brought it over and helped us set it up! Made me so happy! ALso this morning to decorate it I made a long strand of popcorn. I poked myself alot but it was worth it! Very cute popcorn tree :]

Well Love you so much! That was my week!  My new compy is amazing! I love her so much! When I wanted my mommy to take care of me being sick this week, sister De Greef just took over and made me soup and she was just so sweet! I was sooooo thankful! She is very humble, very sweet and caring. She is a great companion to end with! I love her so much! 

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment