Saturday, December 22, 2012

"We have a new Pet in our Home"


December 10, 2012

We are Working really hard. Staying really focused. Using all of our resources. Biking all the time. Talking to everyone we see. Following up with all of our members that have potential investigator friends. Going through the purification challenge. ETC ETC. But we know in missionary work that the work ebs and flows. In sept-october we had amazing miracles and now we are down in the dumps of missionary work but that doesnt mean my effort is down in the dumps. I am working harder and harder all the time and I know that miracles will come!
 
This week we got the opportunity to finally go to the temple with kelsie to do baptisms! It was awesome! Out of the 6 baptisms we have had in this area we have helped 5 do their family history and go to the temple to do baptisms. The only one left is pam and she has been doing a lot of family history research! Very exciting! This week we helped set up for the Chrirstmas parties. It was a great idea! Down here in Vegas, they treat every activity like a wedding!!!!!!! THEY GO ALL OUT! And the 2 wards in our building just all set up and helped decorate and they just left all the decorations up for 2 nights so both wards could enjoy. Half the work and more AMAZING! I was also a part of the beverly glen play. I was the angel and I sang hark the herald angels sing acapella!  The Frenchman Hills Party was really small but the Beverly Glen party was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe 450 people in the cultural hall. Maybe a 1/3 of them non members! That ward is really good at getting people out to their parties!
 
I have been doing this purification challenge that I will show you when I get home. It is amazing and sister Monson and I did it together for 2 transfers. I just saw her at the computer lab by the way! I just love sister monson! Anyways, sister de greef didnt really want to do it with me so I have been doing it by myself. Then one morning we were going over to morning sports with the sisters and they were bearing their testimony to us about how the purification challenge is helping them and they are seeing miracles in their area. SO that day sister degreef decided to give it a shot. This was saturday, and that day that she decided, we saw so many more things happen in that day than in the whole week combined! There is POWER in the companionship unity! I pray that I can help sister De Greef as best as I can.  She is very quiet and doesnt talk when we are around people, but then when we are by ourselves she is a little chatterbox hahaha. So cute! I love her, she is awesome and so loving and willing to work hard and be obedient, but it is hard to do all the talking by myself. I have lots of things to say hahahahaha but the power of both testimonies is where the power lies.
 
This weekend we had the missionary breakfast with the Stake President. After we ate, President Jarvis put me on the spot and asked me to bear my testimony since it was my last breakfast. I had about 10 min to wait to bear my testimony and tears just filled my eyes. Las Vegas is a home for me. A sacred ground that will always have a large piece of my heart for the rest of my life. I bore my testimony and the Spirit was with me. The influence of my mission hit me all at once and it was a powerful experience. I know that the Lord is pleased with me and my service. This is a huge changing ground for me! I will never be the same person that I once was. This has changed me. I love my mission and I am so thankful to say that I have time left to serve full time and then I can serve as a member missionary when I get home. We are going to see miracles in this next week I just know it! Love you all and miss you tons. Please invite people who are close to this area for my departing testimony on jan 2nd 3:30 pm at 9270 S Maryland Pwky Las Vegas Nv, 89123. By the way I have decided to Skype on Christmas! I will get back to you on that! Love you!!!! MISS YOU!!!!
 
Sister Fine
 
ps-We have a pet in our home. His name is Gigantor the cockroach. We have had several interactions that involved highpitch screams and him crawling into a hole in the cupboard. NOT OKAY!!!!! I assure you that this will end like the story about el diablo the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment