Monday, December 17, 2012

"Biking in a Skirt is an Art"

December 3, 2012

This week was a little rough but everything will be fine!

Pday was good. We keep cutting our pday short because we want to have lessons with Jessie and Jeremy. Before that we played frisbee golf with the elders. I love playing sports with everyone! Usually we play sports in the morning with the elders and I have gotten quite good, if I do say so myself! :] my sisters and brothers will be very proud of me hahah!
 
We had district meeting! Got a lot of work done today! We had an investigator flake out on us which is really sad, that has been happening a lot lately....it seems. we have been biking alot lately! We ended up biking the entire day and man my skirt took a beating! I got my skirt caught in my bike SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times! I even pinned my skirt and it still didnt work! Im telling you, biking in a skirt is an art!
 
We went to see Kevin in the hospital again. They found blood clots all over in his body this time. One even close to his heart. If it dislodges, Kevin will..... :(. I just feel so bad! I hope and pray that he will be okay. He is a recent convert of almost a year and he wants to serve a mission so badly. I pray that he will serve where the Lord wants him to serve.
 
 We started to teach Jasmine. This is Bill's niece. She is so sweet and we love her so much! She will be baptized on dec 15th! So very excited for her! She has such a sweet spirit. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo story time. On friday night I threw up and it was soooooo bad. The whole night I felt sick. Then the next day we went out for a while and came home for lunch and I was just soooooo sick! I have never stayed in for more than an hour or 2 for being sick, but this time I stayed in for most of saturday and all sunday pretty much. That is the worst feeling as a missionary to have to stay in!!!!! I never want to ever ever ever have to do that again! I FELT SO WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!! I got up at 630 and showered and started getting ready and then I just felt like garbage! I called sister Neider and she said "Sister Fine, you need to rest, The President and I love you and trust you to make the best decision, you are a sharp missionary and we are thankful for you!" Man That made my day that they would say that about me. :] So I said that I would go back to sleep for a little bit and then go to our second sacrament meeting and see how I felt. So I did. I fell asleep and then got up and finished getting ready at 1015ish. Then we got there and I felt like I was in a daze. I couldnt even think straight. I realized that it was my last testimony meeting in the mission field so I wanted to get up there but I couldnt. I was too sick. Then I looked at our planner and I started to cry because we had appointments every hour after church. I couldnt even sit quietly without feeling so sick, let alone run around and do everything so I started to cry during the closing prayer. At the end of the prayer, all of my beverly glen mom's came around me and gave me hugs and words of encouragement. One sister said very powerfully "sister Fine, you are a servant of the Lord, at any time you can call down the power to Heal you right now so that you can continue your work at this time. you have the faith, let him heal you." So at that moment I said in my heart, "Father, in the name of Jesus Christ and as his representative I pray that I will be healed from this sickness so that I can get back to work, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." After that, sister De Greef and I went home and I slept forever. Then sister Taylor brought us food and we ate it. Then sister Whitehead came and got me and sister taylor took sister Degreef. I went to sister Whitehead's house for the Christmas devotional and stayed there while sister degreef and sister taylor went to all our lessons for that night. I was sooooooo thankful. I know that my prayer worked because I slept through the whole night and I woke up completely fine. Now I am here emailing and I am doing good. A little nervous for the next month to come but I know that it will be a joyous day and a step into the next exciting chapter of my life! Love you all and I miss you tons! I will see you all a month from today at about 3 pm. Mwah!

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment