Thursday, August 11, 2011

ALWAYS a Positive Attitude!


Hello Everyone!

Wow it sounds like you guys has a great time on the trek. Trek is honetly one of my most fond memories. I loved it! I am so glad that you guy were picked for that too. What an amazing experience for you guys! Wow I can't believe about cassie. Did she lose all of her pictures? Im sure cas was devistated! CASSIE STAY STRONG I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE OKAY! I love you. The summer sounds crazy as usual with all the amazing activities and fun times! Oh man I miss EFY and Dance and all of that stuff. Not gonna lie, I am having dance withdrawals like crazy! On the mission we arent allowed to dance but I am getting excercise in different ways I guess you would say. I run, play basketball (I am getting better and I have to say it IS kinda fun haha), taikwondo (hahaha I just butchered that word) and run and ride bikes. I love the mission. It is one of the hardest things I have done in my life so far but it is BY FAR the most rewarding when you see others come unto christ! Hey can you guys send me Danni Curry's address? I would love to wirte her! I have been thyinking a lot about her this week. I just love Danni so much and I am so glad that the missionaries went and taught her. So I just picture all the people that have recieved and accepted the gospel that I love and I apply it to these people out here because there are tons of members out here that wished their loved ones would come to a knowledge of the truth. So that is my focus.
 
I continually say that because I am SO GRATEFUL for this every p-day that I have so much support from friends and family from home. I am so blessed to have letters come in because the missionaries I serve with dont get anything. I feel bad for them because it really is a huge blessing to hear from fam and friends every week. It recharges your batteries. This week I got letters from Olivia Borges(my love from WSU Choirs :) :) ), Sister Medina and Nick. Nick is amazing BTDUB. He is supportive and just a great person! He has some amazing news about his life so you should contact him sometime. He sent me a package with pictures, and some baseball stuff because I told him that I missed throwing and learning how to better play baseball. Im so excited for that gift he gave me! :] THANKS NICK!!!!!!!!!!! I apologize to everyone how short my letters are, I just dont have alot of time to get everything done that I want to in P-day. We are only allowed to write letters on P-day from 10-6 so that is why.
 
Daddy, I have been trying to find Darell Spillsbury. I am getting his REAL number today so that we can meet up and take a picture and stuff. So I hope to have one for you next week so you can see! How cool is that, that Darell lives in my area........weird huh? He baptized you and know I AM on a mission and he is in my area. I guess now he will get to see more of the fruit of his labor.
 
I love you all so much and miss you! Today we went to the temple and it was incredible. I think the Las Vegas Temple is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. I felt the spirit so strong in the temple that I didn't want to leave. The celestial room is gorgeous and I think that this is the temple I want to get married in when I grow up. hahaha. I know mom that you wouldn't like that idea but wow I have to tell you that it is in the lead for my choices! haha.
 
Las Vegas is HOT! Today when we got in the car it said 117.....I think it was lying but once it gets that hot.....it is just hot, you cant tell the difference. Besides that, the temp has usually been about 107. I am getting super tan and its awesome hahaa. Last sunday it rained and it was 80 something which was freezing. I thought of home and it was a great blessing for us to be riding our bikes in only 89 degrees. I have seen one cockroach (sp?) that was today and it was dead. No worries. I am scared that they are going to crawl on me one day.......BLAHHHHHHH!
 
I have to be honest I have been pretty discouraged lately. I just am a crazy all over the place teacher. I want so bad to be a good teacher but I make no sense and make t hings more complicated than they should be. so......sister matthew has to pick up my slack and save me. I know that it is very characteristc for me to be super hard on myself but I do get frusterated sometimes because I want SO BADLY to be the missionary that the Lord wants me to be and I know that he wants me to be a good teacher. I know that I need to be patient with myself. That is super important. I did learn a bunch of amazing things this week and here is one of them.....All this time I have been trying to be that "PERFECT MISSIONARY," but I realized that the Lord didn't call a perfect missionary, he called ME. I found that I was so focused on being that perfect missionary that I started forgetting who I was. I realized that the Lord wants me to use my talents and personality to further his work. So I am doing my best to apply that lesson.
 
OUr investigators are great! We have alot of pretty solid people. I am just doing my best to always have the faith that I have been blessed with so that miracles can be brought forth from our Heavenly Father. I have seen so many miracles already that I cant even count or write them all. I cant beleive transfers are in 2 weeks. It feels like I just got here. How insane is that?
 
A little explanation on the pics...sis matthew and I are weird and one day we wanted to take pictures of us wearing our helmets while driving so we could show president we are being extra safe. hahaha. wow......also I wanted to post one of us sharing the gospel with a pidgeon because ya know.....every creature should hear the gospel....unfortunately none of them would listen.....;) This week was the first time the message has REALLY REALLY been rejected. Twice in one week and on 2 separate occassions. But the thing is....it didn't scare me at all. It was actually the opposite, sis matthew and I just walked away and had a smile on our face because we knew that they would get baptized someday! :] Even though they were pretty mean to us about the gospel.
 
Anyways, I wish that I could share more but just know that Im here working my skirt and tag off! :] Love you and I will hear from you in a week! Love you! MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yours truly, Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment