Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fluent in Spanish? AWESOME!

August 11th, 2011

HI familia!
Things are going great in LVNV mission. We have a baptism this sat at 2pm and then later that night the missionaries in the GV stake is putting on a musical fireside and I will be singing the one that we all sang in sac mtg for my "farewell." It is going to be grand.
This week has been great! This week we had a sisters exchange so I was called to a threesome and we went to a spansih area!!!! Lets just say Im fluent now......hahaha jk. No but I can do a street contact in spanish! HAPPY DAYS! That will come in handy because we do meet a lot of spanish people. It was a great experience. I was called to be with Sister Hanny and Hermana Hope. While we were there (24 hrs) Sis Hanny and I would sit on the couch and listen to sister hope give the lesson in spanish. The cool thing was that I was able to figure out what they were talking about by picking out a few words here and there. And I would get promptings to share something like my testimony or a scripture and then hermana hope would just translate for me. It was really pretty cool! I had a great time and I realized a lot of things about charity and patience with other people. Sis matthew and I have this groove that we get in and it is amazing. But when you go to something that you aren't used to then you have to work a little harder. I reallized that if you ever have a problem with someone or something that someone does, it is you that has the problem, not the other person. So when we have a problem we need to change the way that we think about that situation so that you can be happy. Because Heavenly Father loves ALL of his children and it doesn't matter what they do or say, he still loves them and we should too!
I love President and Sister Neider. They are amazing! They are like my parents away from home. I know that they are still a little new so they are getting the new swing of things but wow they are awesome.
So next time you will hear from me I will have a new companion. How crazy is that! Sis Matthew is going home this next tues so it will be hard to say goodbye but wow time flies. I know that I have learned so much from her. And the things that I was worried about before my mission are not issues at all (sleeping, getting along, etc). I love the mission and I am excited for a new companion so I can learn new things and be stretched more.
THe hottest I have been in this week is about 112-115. It is crazy because it is really hot and I still sweat but I think I am acclimating a little better than when I first got here. And I guess they have had a pretty mild summer so wowee.........summer of 2012 might kill me. hahaha but we love it. People set that we are dying of heat stroke and let us into their nicely AC'd house and give us gallons of water haha.
I am SOOOO SORRY I dont have pictures for you today! I cant find my camera cord ANYWHERE! I am really sad because I had alot of fun pictures to send. Sis medina said yesterday that I am getting darker and blonder every tine I see her. It is pretty fun!
I am so glad to hear about everything at home. I am so glad that Hannah and shar had a great time at EFY and everything! I want to hear from hannah and caden I havenet heard from them the longest. But I love hearing from you and I am so thankful for the support that you give!
heres to answer your questions.
Yes we do go to 3 sac meetings...it is crazy awesome. We love it! Last sunday I got to bear my testimony 2 times. PS- I never realized what a testimony meeting SHOULD be like until you have an investigator sitting next to you hearing all the sob stories and "thankamonies." Lets just say that I was CRINGING at people's "testimonies". It was awful. So remember that testimonies are short declarative statements about things you know to be true, about the savior, and about the restored gospel. I can tell you that as soon as we got up there to bear our testimony about christ and the restored gospel people followed and did the same. Also, thanking people is okay sometimes but, the glory of this kingdom does not go to the members, it goes to God. How powerful is that to think that way!?!?! I am so blessed because I know more of what kind of member I want to be when I get home. Dont worry im not ever thinking about coming home hahaha. I am really really focused! :]
Sis Matthew is amazing! CASSIE LOOK HER UP! I will send her to find you! YOU WILL LOVE HER SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! SHE MAKES me laugh every single day so hard. omgosh. She is amazing. I will send you our pics next week!
I love hearing about how the mission is blessing our family. I am so thankful. I see it and I know that this gospel blesses families. I know that if we all keep looking for the blessings, there will be more!
I always have so much to say but wow I dont know what else to write in the 3 min I have. Tell nick I didn't get a letter from him but I will be able to respond to it next week! I will be writing him back today anyways! :] Dont sweat it nick! I know that I got my letter to you a little later than normal! DONT SWEAT! and thank you for your support as well! XOXO to all!!!
4 are committed to baptism and that is coming up! I will send pics! :] love you!
Love you and miss you all!
Love yours truly, Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment