Thursday, August 25, 2011

Miracles and Experiences GALORE!

August 25th, 2011

Hey! wow I have so much to tell you this week! and I only have a half an hour to do it so here goes!
Hannah thank you for the wallet! I actually use it for pass along cards so thank you nah for helping me make the work more effective. Every little thing that you all do for me helps me make the work more effective and I thank you.
It is freaking hot here! I actually have burns all over my hands from the steering wheel of the car and the bikes in taking them off and putting them on the bike rack. It is freaking hot. Sister garner and I were talking about how much easier walking or biking down a street would be if it wasnt so hot. But I guess that is our trial! God is prolly laughing at us and telling us that we need to drink more water hahaha.
We have had SO MANY miracles this week! and here is the letter I worte to the pres today telling about the miracles so I dont have to take the precious time to write thewm again.

Hey President!
Things are going reall great! Just wanted to share a couple of stories with you from this week.
There is this lady that we soft set for baptism yesterday. Her name is alex and she has an incredible story but I will just share it with you in a nutshell. 5 months ago she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. However, he was very sick because he was born 3 months early due to her having a allergic reaction to the sac he was growing in. The doctors were really worried when she was giving birth because chances were that both her and the baby would die. But I know that God has a plan for her and her little boy as well as her husband because they are both living and healthy as we speak! We taught her the restoration yesterday. I can tell you that it was the most spiritual lesson so far on my mission. The spirit was so strong and she recognized it. I know that she is going to get baptized someday because she started crying when we told her about the 1st vision. She is incredible! We have another appointment with her this next week and we hope to solid set her for baptism for this next month. She is excited to come to church!
The last story I will share is about a street contact. We talked to this guy named anthony and he seemed open. But we gave him a card with our number on it and he went on his way. Right after that we had realized that we COMPLETELY FORGOT about an appointment with an investigator. But don't worry! I all worked out and we got to have a spiritual lesson with that investigator that we had missed only a few hours later. Yesterday we got a call from a guy named Carey. He said that he had seen a card with the temple on it and wanted to give us a call because he was interested in the church. He left his number and we called him back to set up an appointment. If we had been at the lesson that we had originnaly forgot about, we would have not met Anothony, and then if we didn't meet anthony, we wouldnt have this appointment with his stepfather carey tonight! We are exicted and we know that that was the Lord's will.
I am doing well and I love my companion. She is teaching me so much!
Sister Fine

Actually my companion explained it better so here goes....

So We had an appointment with a lady named jenny at four on tues.  well in the heat of las vegas of confusion we totally forgot about it because we were biking and so hot and delirous.  Well around 4 we had stopped to talk to this kid named Anthony.  He was outside smoking and he wasn't super interested but he said we could come back.  Well he was singles ward age so we had to give him over to the elders.  After dinner we then realized oh no we forgot about Jenny!  So we rushed over there three hours late and she let us in.  We had a good lesson with her, she wasn't mad that we'd forgotten, and she wants to get baptized and all that jazz.  The story gets better.  The next morning we get a voicemail from some guy named Carey Smith.  He says that we gave him a card yesterday and that he wanted to learn more.  Anyone who's ever served a mission before knows that no one ever calls you when you give them a card.  This was a miracle.  So we called him back and said hey lets do a lesson and we set one up with him.  We asked him who he was and how he got our card.  He told us his step son Anthony left it lying around and he saw it and wanted to learn more.
What a miracle.  God made both me and my companion forget about our appointment on Tues. at 4 so that we could meet Anthony who's not even that interested, but who left a card lying around who then his step dad saw it, was interested and called us.  If that isnt God's timing I don't know what is.  Crazy Stuff!

Anyways! We are Super close to getting Gerry baptized! He only has one lesson left and he beleives everything that we tell him but he doesnt feel like he knows enough in order to get baptized. But we scheduled a lesson with him for this next week to have it at the temple. Since the spirit is so strong there obviously I know that that will do the trick! The Lord revealed that to me in my personal study the other day and to also have him write down the things he knows to be true about the gospel (his testimony) I know that because I recieved that revelation, that it is from God and it will be something that will help him come closer to christ! And sister Garner and I will sacrifice miles to do it. :] Bills baptism was awesome! Very simple and spiritual. He cried throught the whole baptism because he felt the spirit so strongly. He asked me to sing I beleive in christ at the last minute. It prolly sounded horrible because I wanst warmed up at all but he and the members seemed to enjoy it. I know that heavenly father gave me the gift of my voice so that I can share testimony thorugh that method. I am so grateful for that because there are sometimes that I feel that that is all that I can give. Just to let you know I am a super akward ,issionary and I sing to my recent converts hahaha. So I do my best.

Man I have to tell you that I have felt the spirit so strong today. I am lightheaded, have permanent goosebumps and my heart is pounding. I know that that means that all of you, my friends and family have a special purpose in God's plan. Seek out what that is and act upon it! That is my challenge for you, whether you are a member or not! :] and for goodness sake if you are not a member you should take the missionary lessons and invite them into your home! The restored gospel of Jesus Christ brings more happiness than we can bring to ourselves or that we can get from any other church. :] I know that what I say is bold but it is true!

Wow it felt like christmas today. I got letters from Nick, COrinne, Robin Udy, Jared and wendy burbidge, and daddy! :]


Nick holy crap! You are an incredible human. Just so you know, he sent me a freaking camelback and another present. I think he reads my mind because he sent me 2 out of 2 things I have been thinking about that I wanted. Thank you nick and wow you spoiled me.  NOOOO you MORE than spoiled me! You did not have to do that! So I took a picture right before I sent this email so you could see that I go the backpack! But I didnt open the other present yet until after so I wasnt wearing it yet but I put it on as soon as I could get it out of the package. Thank you!

THe first few day with my comp was very different. I walk really fast and she walks really slow. Which really bothers me. But I reallized that there were prolly people that would cross our path if we walked slower. So eventhough it drove me absolutley INSANE, I learned something from it. I am learning lots from her. One of the things is patience. I realized how much patience I do have on my mission and that is not very much. hahaha not at all. She is a lot different from me but that just means I have to learn patience to be able to embrace it rather than resent her. She is an amazing missionary and I have much to learn from her. I realized how sister matthew and I were so the same. I miss her but I know that I am here with sister garner for a reason.

Can you send me sheet music and church cd's? Especially Courage to stand strong sheet music! I have something in mind for the next fireside we do. I think that I will be singing let it begin. I also want to learn arrival on the piano. (in my spare time hahahahaha thats funny)

Um wow I always miss something and I am trying to think of it...hmmmmmmmm. Thank you for telling me all the stories and everything. All of your letters and everything has made me laugh super hard! I LOVE TO LAUGH! THANK YOU!

Thank you dad for supporting my financially on my mission. My goal is to someday pay you back because I am working as if I had payed for it because I knew that I would cherish it more. One day I will repay you. I love you daddy!

I love all of you and I think of you as I go to sleep right along with my investigators but especially my savior. I want you to know that I miss you and I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for the support. I feel very prompted right now for you to look for a missionary opportunity this week. One of you that reads this will have one. I know that that will happen because I am being prompted. Tell me what happened next week whoever that person is.

I feel so fortunate to have all the blessings that I do. Thank you for the support. I know this mission will change everything for me and my family, my friends and my fututre family. I feel so fortunate. If I have forgotten to write anything I will wrtie it in letters! I love you and I hope to catch up on all my letters today! Just be patient with me!

Love sister Fine

The blue Camelbak that Nick sent her!
Baptism! HOORAY!
Broke a shoe?
Sister Fine and her new companion, Sister Garner!

No comments:

Post a Comment