Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baptisms, Baptisms, Baptisms!

Wow I am so overwhelmed with all the things that I want to say. There is so much and I only have so little time.
Yea this mission is a baptizing mission. It is pretty crazy. I guess already this year our mission has had 690 baptisms this year. It has been crazy!  We have more people set for baptism and it is amazing. We have found some really solid people in the last week. And they are all going to get baptized. Here's a cool story! Yesterday we had a call from a lady who said that we should stop by her grandson's house because he is ready to get baptized. We were like..........ummmmmm kayyyy hahaha so we went over there and within 5 minutes he said that he wanted to take the lessons and that he is ready to get baptized. We asked him what helped him make that decision and he said that where he is from (LA) all of his friends have been killed on the streets and that one of his best friends had just died 2 days before. He siad that he doesnt want to be involved in that and he want to follow Christ by being baptized! UMMMMMMMM AMAZING! :] We were so excited. We have been praying to find the elect that has been prepared for us to teach. We have taught some pretty amazing people. I have not time to tell you all of their stroies but maybe when I am finished with the journal I have I can send it home and you can read about all the things that we have been doing and the people that we have taught. I am trying my very best to recognize the prompting of the spirit and to follow them. Last week I was having a pretty hard time with that but honestly I know that the Lord has blessed me and I continue to learn how I can become a better missionary for the Lord. I have seen miracles already, big and small and I love this work. I am happy all the time and it is incredible. I know that this is where I am supposed to be! I want all of the people reading this to know that I know this is Jesus Christ's church. I know that he lives and that we have a modern day prophet. If you havent yet...take the missionary discussions! You know....this church is either true or it's not and we invite all people to not take our word for it but to find out for themselves. And if you learn the lessons that the missionaries can teach you and you come to know that it is true, then this will be the greatest thing that you ever learn. That Jesus Christ has one church Ephesians 4:5 and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is it. Danni Curry I am so happy for you. My heart jumped for joy because you now know that truth that I know and that all of us know. We invite all to come with the truths that you have and to add upon them with the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I challenge you to learn for yourself! Dont take my word for it! I know for myself and so can you! :] I love you all and I am so thankful for the support that all of you give to me! Honestly I would like to hear from G. Fine and Uncle Jim and fam! I wanna hear how things are going. Today I got letters from Corinne, Brennon, Lacey, and Nick :]. I havent read them yet but I will write you hand written letters today! Letters are the best thing! I love them and I hope they keep coming. Because it recharges my batteries without distracting me :] it is awesome.
Some of my investigators are struggling with depression and anxiety. I actually had an axiety attack out in the MTC (I didnt want to tell you so that you werent worried, and you shouldn't be worried! All is good now) but As I was having an axiety attack, sis medina and I prayed together and asked for help. When we siad amen, the President of the MTC (pres. Brown) was right in front of both of us. It is rare that you see the Pres. He was an answer to our prayer and after that I recieved the help that I needed to. After that experience I was counseled that I have this hard time with anxiety and depression so that I can help and relate to the people I come in contact with out on the mission. So far I have been able to bear my testimony to 2 people that struggle with the same thing I do and I have told them how the Gospel of Jesus Chrust has helped me overcome this trial. I am so thankful for all of God's ways, although they are trials, they are also blessings and I know tha tto be true.
Heat of NVLV is crazy crazy. I am glad that I live to tell the tale. Seriously if you aren't drenched there is something wrong with you. hahaha. We also have been riding bikes which has caused me to look llike a rag muffin when people come to the door hahahaha. it is pretty crazy! Omgosh there is so much that I want to say....
I will try to write a letter. Oh man this didn't even make a dent in what I wanted to say but I will write and talk to you soon. I hope that you have fun on the trek and I miss and love you all. I LOVE THE PICS! They made me laugh! SEND MORE SEND MROE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also would love prints of the farewell openhouse and airport and etc....please send me some prints?!?!?!? all for now!
LOVE YOU!!!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!
Love yours truly, sister fine

No comments:

Post a Comment