Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lesson Learned: Patience is a Virtue!

September 1st, 2011

Pday is now and forever going to be on mondays which is going to be weird to have 2 pdays in one week but whatever. So we have pday today and pday this monday.

So I think that the Lord is Humbling sister garner and I a lot. It has been so hard the past few days. I took for granted how many appointments we had and how many people were listening to us that I must have gotten prideful. So the last few days have been brutal plus the heat adds to it. But you know, I have never appreciated an open heart of a street contact more. Thigs I feel are going to continue to be hard but I know that I will grow from it. It is really really difficult, but I will live hahaha. I just need to keep a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. And I find that when I am exactly obedient, I am smiling, and I have a bounce in my step that things just go better! That is for all of us....not just in missionary work.

So the story of the week is.......Sister Garner and I were in a neighborhood of one of our new investigators. So we thought that we should stop by and say hello because our appointment with them wouldnt be for another week or so. So we go up and knock on the door. No answer. Knocked again. No answer. And our rule is that we knock 3 times before we leave the doorstep. As soon as we were about to knock for the 3rd time a couple walked up to this house like they owned the place. And that was akward since we were totally in the way hahaha. We told them who we were looking for, but they were out of town. They saw we were sweating like ccrazy so they invited us in to their home for some water. THey gave us water and the guy (Juan) started going off about the church and how he knew the book of mormon was true and all this stuff. In my head the spirit was so strong and it said, Sister Fine, you need to set this guy right now for baptism. I was so nervous! But I knew that the spirit was guiding me and I knew that he wouldnt trust me with those sacred messages unless I had faith. So I said, "Juan can I ask you a question...?" He said I could and I just said "Will you foolow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone who holds the valid priesthood authority of God on Oct 1st?" And he said YES!!!! HAHAHAHAHA and he said, I might have to work that day! And I laughed so hard inside and said wow I think that we can work around that concern hahahaha. We have an appointment tonight with him and I hope that he is still commited! When we did this, we had only been talking to him for 5 min....yea. In my head I was like, "really God?" hahaha. But it turned out to be great!

Also there was this guy that is a former investigator that we started teaching again. His name is Jason and he is such a sweetie. He has a rare skin condition where if he goes out in the sun his skin just peels off. He is always in need for food and he is so humble. One time we had a lesson with him and some members and the members COMPLETELY DESTROYED the lesson. It was pretty horrifying. THey were basically convincing him to wait to get baptized for a long time. It was horrible. We then went over to the member's house and they gave us some food to take back to Jason. So we nknew that when we went back to him that we had to mend things and set him for baptism right at his door. So we prayed real hard and then we did just that, we set him at the door for Sept 24th. He is still praying to see if that is the right date, but I hope he sticks to it! I know that he can receive an answer to his prayers! If they are sincere!

Wow I cant even express the Joy I had when I saw a package from you guys. No words can express. The pictures made me cry. The trek pictures hit me the most because I know that the sprit was so strong there for you guys. Mom and Dad you are the cutest ma and pa on the flipping planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried!

Nah and Shar! I am so proud of you that you are on varsity together! The Fine Sisters Cannot be STOPPED! I am so proud of you both.

Britton, I know that lately you have been feeling a little anxious. Its okay buddy I know how you feel. I know that the only thing that helps me is when I pray. When you feel scared, get on your knees and he will help you. I promise. I also promise that you are gonna be okay! I love you!

I want to get letters from my long lost siblings :] Little Stinker Bums. I love all of you guys and I miss you mucho! I think about you lots.

To answer your questions. I live in a house with members. We have our room together with two little twin size beds, a desk each and a closet to share. We also have a bathroom which is very nice. We have a dog named keeper that lives in the house and he is a little stinker bum hahaha. He is a black lab and wow does he get hair everywhere! I NEVER want an inside dog. I would have a heart attack with how messy it would get.

So it has been so hot that all the metal that I ever wear burns me and leaves marks. Its crazy, but kinda cool hahaha. One picture is where my necklace was burning me! Crazy huh! You can also see in that pic that fingers had burns on them. Crazy crazy!

Also the answer to the second question! We go on the computer at the family history center at our stake center. The stake center is our main building that we go to all the time. We have another gorgeous church building on Galleria that is way pretty. Whitney ranch ward meets there. It is hard because we have wards that meet at the exact same time in 2 diff buildings. So we just have to go on splits.

Im getting super tan by the way. Its awesome. But i am still white hahaha. Oh well. So this week I heard from Nick, You guys, Jim, Leidy (from pullman), Jeff and Missy and tas tas. It was awesome. I am catching up on writing today. I always say that but I really think that I am going to do it this time.

Sister Garner and I are doing lots better getting along. It was me all along. I just needed to be more patient. I love her so much and though we have a lot of differences, we have a ton of similarities. :] I love that sister!

So my trainer called me the other day! It was amazing! It was so good to hear her voice! I miss her so bad. Just knowing that she is in hawaii with cas is crazy! What kind of computer did cas end up buying?

Wow mom what a great calling for you! I am so excited for you! :] You are going to do amazing! And by the way, the sister in the ward are prolly teaching some yw age girls, (we are) and I am sure that they would LOVE for you to come out with them. It is so hard to find members to come out with us, it is crazy! But the thrill is great. I want pictures of my dance girls baby nah and sha sha on their first performance together! I am so proud of them! PS-I dont want to nag....but............WHERES MY TAPE from you guys?!?!?!?! AH! You little stinkers. It is so crazy that school is starting soon for you guys. School just started this last week and so its been a crazy week around here!

Daddy I hope you have fun on your trip with your girlfriend...hahahahaha (Rodney) and I hope you smoke em. Love you daddy!

Yes Nick is getting everything ready so he can send in his papers! AWESOME HUH! Daddy I think about you too. I think about all of you! I cant think of anything esle to say. Well I can but there is so much! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT FROM HOME! Its amazing.

Call sister Matthew, she would love to hear from you! 808-979-5662. Also can you tell her that Bob is in the hospital for Kidney failure. She texted us but I cant text her back. Tell her that he is fine but he will be home in the next few days. So that is where she can call him. the Desert Springs Hospital number is 702-733-8800. She can call him there. PAss the message on for me? thank you! GOtta go! I love you

Love yours truly sister fine

Her room!

Sister Fine and Sister Garner!

Yay for Walmart!


This missionary is SO LOVED. Thank you to all of you who support her, and please don't stop! Please continue writing her and sending her love! Thank you so much!

Love, Cassie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment