Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bears, Beets and Battlestar Galactica (this was the title of her e-mail, entirely Sister Fine!)

Dear Family and Friends,

Hahaha I dont know why I put that is my subject hahaha. Anyways!

So this week has been pretty intense! At one point this week we had 9 people set for baptism. Pretty insane. Our Zone has this thing where every time we set someone for baptism we send out a text. And the elders basically hate us this week because we text something out almost every day hahaha. All the Baptisms are this next transfer. And we found out today about transfers. I am staying here with sister Garner for atleast one more transfer and then my prediction is that I will be moved out and training next transfer.

Wow that is so cool that Nick came to our house and stayed the night. Seriously he is amazing. He is has definatley been there for me and I am so proud of him and the decision and hard work he has put forth to preparing for a mission. He is going to be an amazing missionary! Plus he sells cars so he has a lot of experience talking to people. He has been great to me and I am grateful. Don't worry, I am not distracted. I am focused and working hard. :]

So can you address more stuff that I wrote you guys because I want to hear about what you think of everything I say and send and stuff. I dont really know what you are thinking. hahaha, you know how I am, I just want to know everything. Oh and by the way since transfers are tomorrow, we havent gotten mail today, because they are giving it to us tomorrow. Bummer deal. O well. I will get it and read it tomorrow. Except since sister Garner and I are staying here in Green Valley for atleast another transfer, we cant go to the transfer conference. It would just waste proselyting time. So I wont get my mail for a few days prolly. Every monday before transfers we have a thing called staygo's. It is when we get together as a zone and the zone leaders tell us whether we are going or staying. And when they got to me they were like...."sister fine, you are going..........................to stay ahahaha." What punks. Anyways yep! I am actually thankful because I want to see all of these amazing people get baptized.

This week was the first time I have ever gotten sick on the mission. It was pretty tough but I really didn't care because there was work to be done. I just had a really bad cold and really bad tummy yucks. But its okay. :] Im ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Better!

Okay here are some pictures!

the first one is of our distract this transfer.
the second is we got bonnie up to the temple. By the way we picked her back up again, and now since we brought her to the temple, she is determined to quit smoking. She has been smoking for 32 years and she has already gotten down to a pack a day! What an awesome thing! We are helping her and it is amazing to see. It has been pretty intense but she is taking baby steps towards baptism and the temple! What else could we ask of her?!?!?!
the next one is at the relief society broadcast. I loved the candy so I wanted to take it home with me.
This last one on this email is me and sister medina. I freaking love her. She feels like home to me.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for conference. It is like superbowl for missionaries. I am so stoked. I was at the Relief Society broadcast this last saturday and I was thinking, I wonder if my mom is listening to this right now as I am listening to it. Or cassie even! :] I dont know if you were or not but I just loved the thought that we might have been bowing our heads in prayer together at the same time. I loved the talks that were given. Especially Uchdorf's talk about things that we should never forget. That is DEFINATLEY something that I needed to hear at that moment. It is something that I have been told by all of my family members and friends all my life, and I just need to do it. If you don't know what I am talking about he was just giving us advice about how we can feel better and more confident about ourselves. I need that. Everyday I still see myself get hard on myself and how much I want to be a better missionary. I guess I am blinded by the good things that I do. I dont know....hmmmmm

We had an awesome fireside last night. It is called the "why I believe fireside." It is especially for missionaries, their recent converts and investigators. We had one of our I's come and he seemed to enjoy it. His name is Balil. He is 17 and living with members. He was sitting next to me last night and he leaned over and told me that he knows the church is true because of a dream he had. He said that his brother is going to come down on the 8th to baptize him. We are so excited!

We were supposed to have a baptism yesterday but carey just wasn't ready yet. So he reset his own date for oct 22nd. Which is more reasonable for his current circumstances. He knows its true and wants to get baptized. I do not know if you recall the story of how we found him but basically, he got a card that we had originally gave to someone else, called us and everything just fell into place since then. It is an amazing miracle. I seriously see miracle everyday!

I love all of our investigators. But I have to admit, sundays are so hard because all week we are trying to get them to come to church and understand the importance about keeping their committments, and then they dont show up! SOOOO Frusterating. I can see satan working hard too. THey always text us with these lame excuses of why they dont come! AHHHHHHHH! I just wanna scream somtimes! But it is because I love them so much and I know the happiness this will give them. Anyways...I know that there are so many things that I have not written about but my time is up! Love you and miss you!

Love, yours truly Sister Fine







Isn't she just beautiful? I miss her with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment