Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Highs and Lows of Black Mountain Country

May 28, 2012


Hello family! I haven't heard from you guys today....so I hope I get something before I leave the computer lab. But I love you guys and I hope that you know that I miss you so much! This week has been really hard and really happy! Bad news first. We were supposed to have a baptism this weekend but it fell through .....for now. Marley is 15 years old and she comes from divorced parents. In order for a baptism to happen Marley needed written consent from both of her parents.We had verbal consent from both parents but we just needed it on paper. The day we had the interview, the dad was signing the paper after she passed with flying colors and the mom burst in. She was very out of line with all of the things she was saying and doing. Lets just say that both sister Tahi and I were bawling for an hour after this all happened. It is crazy to see how emotionally invested you get into these people and their situations. When I saw Marley's face when this was going on, it just broke my heart in half. She started to cry....the baptism is something that she has been waiting for for a long time and her mom took it all away in one instant. She knows how important baptism is and she knows this is the only true church on the face of the earth and she just wants to be baptized so bad. But we have been praying and fasting for her. We are hoping that this will just blow over in a few weeks but we will see. If not, then she can get baptized when she is 18. The only thing that I know is that she is so important to God.  She is dedicated. 


The GOOD NEWS! We have gotten 2 news investigators this week! We haven't gotten a new investigator for a month or so. SO WERE ARE SOOOOO HAPPY AND EXCITED! One is savannah and she is a referral. She already considers herself as a a member but she just has to get baptized. The other one is Jessica and we street contacted her on a really hot day. She seemed a little hesitant at first but when we had our first lesson with her the spirit was so strong. Sister Tahi and I were both led to say the things we said and we ended up resolving one of her concerns not even knowing that she had one! We shared an inspired scripture and now she is trying to find out for herself if God is there and how she can get answers to her prayers. It was a really really rewarding experience. Another thing is that we got a call from sister Abeyta and her companion and they were making plans to take Leo on a tour of temple square for us! So we have yet to hear about that experience. We are so excited!


 We had interviews this week and I really love President and Sister Neider. They are amazing. President asked me what mission I want to go to on july 1st and I just said that I want to go where the Lord wants. He said that he is hoping that he doesn't have to transfer any sisters out. He says that he doesn't think I will be leaving to a different mission but we will see what the Lord says. Anyways...things are going really well. Here in the area we are working on the rescue of the Less Active members as well and we have seen some success there as well. I love my mission, no matter how hard it is....I love it and it is for my good. :] I love you all and I hope to hear from my family and my long lost friends hahaha. Just letting you know.....Im still alive...I still exist....and I still need love from home. Love you and Miss you. Hope you have a great memorial day!

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment