Saturday, June 9, 2012

"I saw 104 degrees this week, and it is only May!"


May 21, 2012

HI Family! Starting to get really hot around here! I saw 104 this week! AND IT IS ONLY MAY! yea.......hahaha at least it is the dry heat and not the humid heat! We are very blessed with that, a car, and AC! Thank you so much for the pictures and all the stuff that you say! I love you and I miss you too but I know that God is taking care of you guys at home and the Lord is taking care of me on my mission. I feel it! I want to let you know that I am really happy right now. The work is really hard right now and the area is a little dead but I genuinely feel happy!

 I feel as though I have made so many changes in me and they are for the better. Today I was reading my journal that I had before the mission and just sounded so sad and so lost and immature. I probably still am but I was happy to see the changes that I have had in my actions, in my thoughts and in my emotions. I feel patient, happy, simplified and refined. I am so happy that God has helped me begin to overcome these challenges. Honestly I remember flying into Las Vegas and I was soooooooooooo overwhelmed with what was ahead. I knew that I would make mistakes but I wanted to make goals. I made 2 broad goals at first because I beat myself up and made too many unreachable goals.  Then when I make those goals and I fail I go into this depressed mess. So I told myself that I would be obedient and work hard. Those were my 2 goals. After I have spent transfer after transfer making specific goals that lead me into that depressed mess Heavenly Father and ALL OF MY COMPANIONS told me to not make any goals and just go back to the basics. I see now that goals are important, but there is a line. Making those 2 goals on the ride to las vegas was the best thing that I have ever done on my mission. Because of those things, everything else has fallen into place and I am in a place where the Lord can mold me and shape me without being too hard on myself. I think I have found a healthy balance for me. Does this make any sense at all? hahaha.

 So yesterday we did a few things that I want to share. Sister Tahi and I sang in the Laurel HIlls ward and it went really well. Right after we sang we jetted off to the Acacia ward because Leo was there saving us a seat! :] He came by himself and he stayed for all 3 hours! As a missionary I always get nervous when we tell the people we are teaching that church is 3 hours long hahaha. Something that people are not used to! But Leo loved church and he participated! He even got up at the end of each hour and thanked the teachers and speakers. After church he pulled us aside and told us "I want you girls to know that you dont have to try to convince me that this is the true church, I already know it is true." He also said "Sisters Im so glad and impressed that you asked me to be baptized on my first lesson, I have been a salesman all my life and you sisters are so impressive. I just want to learn more about the church and get to know everything before I get baptized. ANd sisters I want you to know that I am doing this for me." Wow, when an investigator says those words to you! OH MAN! PAYDAY! Oh by the way we had our first lesson with him this week and it went so well. Those are the moments that I live for on my mission. I love my mission.

 The next thing we did that was cool was we saw the solar eclipse! We went to the stake president's house and wore those welding masks so that we could see it! I got a couple of cool pictures of it! I have never seen one and it was soooooooo awesome! Sister Tahi and I are doing good and loving life! Just so you know what my potential plans are....I want to go to cosmetology school and get my licence. I really think that I would love it! Then I can do haircuts, color, skin, nails, waxing and everything. Ultimatley I want to be a mother and wife (if the 10 cats idea doesn't work out hahaha) and hopefully I will not have to work a lot when I have kids and I can just have my own little station in my home. I think that I will really love it. But when I get home I want to work for a while. Dad if you need help I would love to come back and work for you. But enough of that talk, we will talk about that later. 



 Love you all and I miss you!  You guys are the best! Can you believe I have been out for 11 months tomorrow? Craziness! 
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment