Saturday, July 21, 2012

"It's like God had a steering wheel on us and directed us right to her."


July 9, 2012

This week was amazing..... tons of things.

I will start with yesterday and go backwards....

We spoke in the Acacia ward yesterday and it turned out pretty good. We spoke all about the ward mission plan and called the members to COME JOIN THE RANKS, COME JOIN THE RANKS. When we looked into the congregation I saw an inactive couple that we had been visiting and trying to help come back to church. THEY WERE THERE!!!!! We were so happy! Over the pulpit they announced that we had 89 innactive families.... After sac mtg ended we went up to them to say hello! TO our suprise they said to us ..."sister you counted wrong....there are actually 88 less active members in the ward." :] at first I didnt get it..........mom I am super blonde hahahaha but that was their creative way of showing that they are going to be active from now on. You couldnt wipe the smiles off our faces. It was a great day! We also had someone we met this week come to church with her 2 kids! Okay story time! On the 4th of July it was a wonderful day! It was the coolest day we had had in a LONG TIME! It was heaven! I think it got down to 78 degrees (compared to the 121 I saw in the car yesterday...yea..........melt me....) and it rained in the afternnoon. I felt at home! We walked in it all day, trying just to soak it all in. We had a great time. Then at night we went to the mission hills park fireworks and this is where the city of hendersen lit them off. There were 10's of thousands of people there. We knew that we were to go there to talk to some people. We found our girl in 30 seconds. Its like God had a steering wheel on us and directed us right to her. We started talking to her and even sat by her during the fireworks. Lots of fun. She is amazing and she was asking us all these questions. She was having a hard time in her life and was able to talk to us a little bit about that. We invited her to church and SHE CAME!!!!! :] Her name is DanNiqua and she is so sweet. She brought her 2 kids and they loved it. She is not in our area so we have to give her to the other elders but I though that was really cool that she came! Plus the fireworks were amazing. We were sitting so close that we felt debri falling all over us. It was awesome. The fireworks were right above our heads.

 WE LOVED IT! Now we are working with 11 investigators and we havent been able to set them or see any baptisms since May 11. That is too long but I know that the Lord will help us. Things are picking up.  Wanted to tell you something cool. There is this former investigator named Bruce and his wife Misuk was never investigatong the church. Our bishop has a close relationship with them and asked us to go by because they requested us about 2 months ago. One thing is since he investigated the church he has had a stroke and a major head injury that caused the doctors to say he would never walk, talk or remember anything. THe bishop went to visit him and he gave him a blessing. Before the blessing Bishop told his wife..."with your faith and ours, we can have a miracle according to God's will." THen Bishop gave him a blessing and immediately BRUCE BEGAN TO TALK! Now he is walking, talking and remembering more and more memories each day. What an amazing thing! Now Misuk is receptive to the gospel and we just taught her and Bruce the plan of salvation with Bishop in attendance. It was incredible.
                                            With their investigator and friend Jessica


 Jessica is continuing to blow our minds by the faith that she has. Incredible person. Tom (her fiance) is starting to show some interest and we only have 1 lesson left with Jessica so we made a plan. We are going to finish with Jessica and then take them both to the temple. We will then ask Tom if he will like to progress with his fiance to learn about the gospel. We are excited! THe members have been really great with them!!!!! No matter when she gets baptized, I dont care where I am...Im going to her baptism!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is soon. Things are great! I am starting to see that the book of Mormon is really talking about our day in this land. Especially with all this Mitt Romney....NObama garbage. Our freedoms and constitution is at stake but I know that the Lord will take care of us.



It has been soooo hot!  She was grateful to stand near the "splash pad" to cool off!


 Im so thankful for our family and I pray for you all the time. I hope that everything is getting better and better for our family each day. I love you. I cannot tell you that enough. I miss you too Caden. Don't be sad little one. Some time soon we will have the tradition of all sleeping in the same room, waiting for santa to come. And when I come down the escalator I will see you guys and run and hug everyone. I love you and I am so happy on my mission. I am turning into a better person but most importantly there is a great work that is going on out here. I love this work and it will never stop until the Savior says "the work is done." I got on newfamilysearch today and it was incredible! We have so much work done on both sides and I want to help make it complete!!!!! I saw my own fan chart and it was incredible. I started feeling the spirit of Elijah and it was amazing! :] ALL for now my loves. Things are going well.  I am so proud of all of you at home and how you are dealing with this trial we are facing. Dad if you would hire me I will come and work for the family business. Even for just my stay at home if you need help financially. I love you! I am impressed by the mindset of everyone in this. Pretty amazing. I have been putting Jim and Debbie and Mom and Dad in the prayer roll too. It will work :]. MWAH! XOXO
Sister Fine

1 comment:

  1. Sis. Fine.....don't forget to call me when you get home if you are still motivated on doing Family History work. Pretty soon both familysearch sites will be 1 website and lots more changes are coming soon!

    You are such an AWESOME missionary and an AWESOME young woman. Sure LOVE you alot!

    Sis. Richards

    ReplyDelete