Saturday, July 7, 2012

"My Birthday this week was great!"

June 25,2012

Lots of stuff this week. Jessica continues to be amazing and her lessons are just perfect. We had 3 lessons with her this week and cannot get enough of her!  It means a lot to her that she will get baptized as soon as she can. She says that she cant wait to come to church when she doesnt have work and that she is always so giddy on the days that we come over. What a sweetie pie! We love her and seriously if she doesnt get baptized in 20 years, we have made a best friend for the eternities no matter what happens.

 We had an awesome activity that we put on last night. Here's the story. One day we felt prompted to knock on a member's door. We went in and asked her if there was a time that we could come talk to the youth. Earlier she had been praying about what to do for the next youth fireside and she couldnt get an answer for any ideas. We came up with a fun idea and it was an answer to prayer for her. We picked 6 missionary stories from the BOM and we divided them into groups so that they could make skits! We gave them about 20 min and a pile of props to work with and it was so fun! They presented the skits and we were laughing hard! It was a lot of fun. At the end we talked about how vital the youth are to missionary work and that the youth are the ones that get baptized the most in our mission. Then we shared a youtube video with them called "by small and simple things." If you look it up then it will be a couple videos down on the list and it is a black and white video with a guys head in the bottom righthand corner ith his hands behind his head. It is an awesome clip! You should watch it! After that clip we challenged them to write in a BOM and give it to their non member friends. We had youth taking 2-3 books at a time! I was sooooooooooooooo excited! :]

 My birthday this week was great! It was a lot like any other day on the mission but with lots of love from home! I was so thankful! Thank you for the time and the energy it took for you to get all those things to me! I love you all and I miss you tons!


 Training 2 people and covering 5 wards in 2 areas is a huge challenge. THis is a very humbling experience for me. When you first come out on your mission I notice that we are pretty impatient with other's weaknesses. My trainee has been very good about pointing them out to me. But as she shared these things with me I noticed that for #1 it doesn't hurt my feelings at all and #2 I am not as easily bothered anymore by the nit picky things that I used to be. Things still bug me sometimes but that is just human. Man I feel very humbled. This is a really hard assignmen but I feel supported. And it is bringing out my weaknesses that I want to work on. Sometimes I get really overwhelmed with those things but, I just have to keep telling myself a little bit at a time....just line upon line precept upon precept! LIKE A SUMMER SHOWER GIVING US EACH HOUR HIS WISDOM! Saturday's warrior! :] But I just need your prayers so that I can become better through this trial. I desire that so much. I DO NOT want to be the same person I was a year ago. That cannot happen. And even when I get home I will have the journey ahead to continue on. But all I can say is THE CHURCH IS TRUE. CHRIST LIVES! He loves us. He knows us!

We had grace's baptism and it was amazing! Now seeing the family come together in the gospel makes everything worth it! :] I think that this is pretty much it for now! I love you I miss you and I am working on a tape for you guys. I will send it in a couple weeks :]

Loves and Kisses from your 1 year out missionary...

Sister Fine                                                 ( Our Beautiful Birthday Girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment