Sunday, July 29, 2012

"We had a bunch of Storms come over the Valley. So Fun Splashing in it!"



July 19, 2012

I love you all! Daddy thank you so much for the email.  It was wonderful to hear from you because I have been thinking about you so much and how you are holding up. Thank you for all the sacrifices that you make on behalf of our family. I love you so much and I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done, because you have done it in righteousness. Thank you will never be enough. I hope that I can make you proud with my mission and help you feel like your money is well spent.

 I have had a lot of moments this week that just made all the hardships worth it. First we finished all the lessons with Jessica this week! Obviously we are still going by all the time because we want to help her to continue to progress. She is seriously amazing. I will never forget the days that me and my companions street contacted Carey and Jessica. They are such special people to me. BTW I got a letter from Carey saying that he was asked by an investigator to baptize him because Carey has been coming to his lessons a lot. What a cool thing. I just want to squish him because I am so proud of him!!!! :] Last night we took Jessica to the WHY I BELIEVE fireside and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong and we got to introduce her to President and Sister Neider. So amazing. Sister Neider told her that she promises that Jessica is doing the right thing and that she has babies up in heaven that are cheering her on. What a powerful statement. Jessica started to tear up and that was a special experience. On the way home from the fireside, she told us with tears in her eyes that she knows the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth and that she cannot wait to be a part of it. I dont care where I am in the world, I will walk if I have to....to get to her baptism. She is so special. Our last lesson with her was on baptism and confirmation and we watched the awesome bible video on LDS.org about Jesus' baptism. That brought the spirit so strongly. We hope to go to the temple with her and her fiance Tom this week. It will be amazing. 

The other amazing experience we had was with this family. It is a family of 5 and 3 are over the age of 8. The 2 parents and a 10 year old kid. Every time I go over there this kid Cody reminds me of Britton SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! We taught a lesson to them this week by watching the finding faith in Christ video and teaching how they can show their faith. All of a sudden we look over and cody has his shirt over his face and he is sobbing. We paused and the spirit came in like crazy. We asked him "if you could ask of anything from God right at this very moment what would it be." He said, sobbing...."I just want to have a clsoer relationship with my Heavenly Father." I about fell over and we all started crying in the room. We taught him about how he can gain that relationship with him. Then the spirit told me...."Set him for baptism." So we did and after we asked him he shook his head yes with tears in his eyes and said "I want to be baptized so much." Then we asked the mother and she said she wants to as well. The father was not there at the time but when we see him next we will ask him too. It was a wonderful experience. Cody ran up to us and gave us the biggest hug in the world. Man I love that kid. So sensitive to the spirit and so in tune. What an amazing little guy. He reminds me of my two amazing brothers and what good boys they are and the great desire they have to do what is right! I am loving it! 


She Loves and Misses the Rain!

We had a lot of other good experiences but we had a fun one where we had a bunch of storms come over the valley. We had 2 urgent messages sent to our phone saying that there was going to be a flash flood. We were on our way to pick up a member for Jessica's lesson and it started to pour. We saw lightning all around us and it was sooooooooo fun! Good thing I am experienced with driving in the rain because each street was a river! SO FUN splashing in it! :] Flash flooding happens in the summer here because of the tropical stroms that come through and the rain doesn't absorb in the ground so it just stays on top and floods people's lives. It was pretty fun though! :] So Sister Cheatham and I got word that we are staying together in the area for another transfer. 6 months in this area!!! Wowee! Im sure that after this transfer I will have one more area and then be done with my mission. How crazy is that?!?! Anyways....love you and I miss you all a ton. I hope that all is well with the stores starting up as Trailer Boss!  Working hard and doing the best that I can here.   XOXO 

 TIl next week!
Sister Fine
It has been Hot there!!

1 comment:

  1. Sis. Fine you look so beautiful in your picture with your umbrella!!! So wonderful to hear of your missionary experiences! Keep up the great work of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete