Monday, July 16, 2012

"My Mission has Changed my Life Forever."


July 2, 2012
Do you know what amazes me? No matter what happens, our family grows closer together. I feel the spirit so strongly right now in reading your emails because no matter what this family faces we punch satan in the face by sticking to the truths of the gospel. SIster Cheatham and I were talking about something this morning. When times get hard, it doesnt mean the commandments change. They need to be put in full force more than ever before. We have been studying a lot for our investigators and Less actives and recent converts and it seems like the theme of that study and lessons has been about the temple. The knowledge that we have...that families can be together forever is so amazing. And the fact that the authority is on the earth to bind families together beyond the grave is so special. None of that "til death do you part" stuff. We are a family forever.

 I have noticed in the last little while that I have applied my hardships more than I ever have before. From Hannah getting really sick I learned so many things that have changed my life. I have gained a friendship in my life with my sisters and brothers that cannot ever be broken. And I learned really how strong and amazing my sister hannah is. From dad falling off the roof I learned about how grateful I am for the priesthood in my life. Bishop and Jared beat us to the hospital and were able to give dad a blessing. Also the blessings that have been given to me in my life from my daddy and from others have given me the strength and personal revelation to continue on. Dad WALKED out of that hospital room that night with a lacerated hand and a compressed disc.  From this whole thing with the business, I have learned and felt a greater and greater love for my family and the trust that we have in our parents. I trust my amazing parents wholeheartedly I COULD CRY! I felt peace come to my heart and I knew that daddy and mommy made the correct decision. Though it would be hard to face, what are the blessings that come from that? Our family continues to come together.

 Also, all of the trials that I have had on my mission have all been for my good. I love our Lord and Savior. He lives. He suffered for us so that we could feel the understanding and support during the trials that we face. Im so thankful for the ability to change and become more like our Savior so that we can be made clean to be in his presence someday. Are the little bumps in life really going to matter in the life after this? No, they aren't. Unless you look at it in the way that it has built us to get to that point. I want you all to know that I know that this church is the only true church on the face of the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be the next Prophet to bring in the last dispensation. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that "it has the answers to everything!" That quote is what Jessica said in one of our lessons recently. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true Prophet on the earth today. I know that the apostles and prophets are not just warning anymore for us to change our lives. They are giving us directives because the "time is soon at hand." I love my mission. I cannot imagine the thought of me ignoring that prompting to go. My mission has changed my life forever. I cannot believe that 6 months exactly I will be home with all of you. I want to say how grateful I am to be a member of this family and to have the amazing friends that we have. I miss you, I love you and I know that the storm we are going through as a family will pass! But dont forget to dance in the rain! :]
So things look somewhat back to normal again. Sister Tahi got a new companion early last week so it is just sister Cheatham and I again. And we are now only covering our original 3 wards.  Enduring is crazy hard sometimes but what we become after the enduring is ultimately our goal in life. No matter how painful it is! I am growing to love the wards more more more! They are amazing! We just need some investigators! We talked to one of our bishops last night and there hasnt been a baptism there in YEARS. So we brought up the idea of having a 40 day fast. Now let me explain hahaha....we will have a signup go around in the ward so that each family that wants to participate can take one of the days out of the 40 to fast for the rescue and for new people to teach. This area is the smallest geographical area in the stake and possibly in the entire mission. Atleast every other house is a member home and the ward just struggles to find new people. But I know that this 40 day fast will work! I will let you know how it goes. Could our family specifically pray for the Laurel Hills ward and the McCullough Hills ward? (it is pronounced mcCola).

 Anyways, things are going great. It is hot but I feel the Lord giving me strength to get out there and walk/drive. So now the new missions are in effect! Crazy crazy! I havent seen that much of a difference in our mission yet but probably will at transfers. Man this is already week 5! I cant believe it! This transfer went by so fast. I cant believe I will be home 6 months from today. Because I think that I fly home Jan 2. I think that sister Cheatham and I will stay for another transfer. That will be 6 months in an area. But honestly I wouldnt mind that because I love this area. I love the people and I want to see the things that will happen! Thank you for the little package and envelope from the fam! I havent opened them yet but seriously getting a letter from the family meant so much to me you have no idea. I started to cry! :] I love handwritten stuff. So tell carly happy birthday for me and I havent seen any pictures of her belly! Isnt she having her baby really soon???? Anyways, fill me in and tell my friends I am still alive and existing. I love you all! Mwah!
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment