Monday, July 2, 2012

"We are covering 5 wards in 2 areas!"

June 18, 2012

Wow it seems as though I have learned lots more about my family being on a mission. It is insane. I realized that we never talked about dad's mission, our family history and your childhood days. (Well, I think we did but I guess she wasn't listening!)  Mommy and Daddy you both seem pretty quiet about those things! I WANT TO HEAR EVERYTHING!!!!! :] I love it! I seriously am going to go on a family history rampage when I get home. Cassie did you ever do family history stuff? I thought you did at one point but I don't really remember. Wasn't that your calling? Anyways. HAPPY FATHER's DAY DADDY! AND WOW I REALIZED I NEVER REALLY SAID HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO MOM. I was so overwhelmed with the fact that I was going to be talking to you guys on skype that I became a DINGBAT. hahaha. Daddy and Mommy I was thinking a lot about you yesterday and how thankful I am for the things that you have done for me.............how you raised me and how you continue to raise me. BECAUSE I AM A CHILD STILL! I dont know if I will ever grow up hahaha. INE JUST A SILLY BILLY! I hear from cassie and she is so grown up! I think she has passed me up in life hahaha. I think that it is an amazing inspiration, all the things that she tells me. I love it! Cassie.

 I think I had one of the most rough weeks on my mission. So at transfers, sister Tahi got moved to Green Valley. 4 days later, her companion got shipped to New Zealand because she was a visa waiter that was serving in our mission for the time being. Since it was the beginning of the transfer and there were no sisters coming in for a while....president moved her back with us. Now we are covering 5 wards and 2 areas! BLACK MOUNTIAN AND GREEN VALLEY until sister tahi gets a new companion.  I had a meeting with the president. I loved my talk with him and it really helped a lot. He gave me a blessing and I literally felt that President Neider and I were not the only ones in the room. I felt the presence of angels and our ancesters that have gone before us...crossed the plains....etc etc. It was an amazing experience.  I am very humbled by this experience and it is definatley bringing up the weakneeses in me. But Ether 12:27 explains why. This week was insane. I was asked to attend the 2-day leadership training for our mission. It was really great. It was for President and sister neider, the AP's, Zone Leaders, District Leaders and Trainers.  Then we have just been trying to go between 2 areas! I got to see a few people I love in Green valley!I got to see Bob and just to refresh your memory, he was the guy that we got really close to and he was baptized the saturday before I came into the field. I get to go see him go through the temple after the temple opens again! :] Then I saw Carey and he was totally surprised! I love that man! He is my favorite Carey human in the world. :] He just got 2 jobs and that is something that we have been praying for a long time! SO HAPPY FOR HIM! I also got to see the Baggett family and their NEW BABY ETHAN!!!! :] I love this little baby. I swear I was never tempted so much to hold a baby until the day I saw that little guy. Order of things to do when I get home. #1 Love on my family and friends! #2 Hold a baby and #3 Take a nap for 12 years.

 Wow I cant beleive that I am turning 23 this week. I feel like Im 5. hahaha. Today is the only day I can get mail and I got a box from the Dohrman family, a envelope from grandma and gpa hales, and a letter from brittney larsen. So maybe I wil ask the office if I can come and check the mail on wed. We will see. Thanks for thinking of me for my birthday this week! It made my day yesterday when a member asked me what cake I want for my early birthday dinner haahahaha I of course said yellow with chocolate frosting! :]

 So we had a fun activity this week! We had a BBQ for the acacia ward at the park and it was so fun. It was a little toasty outside but it was awesome because Jessica came with her member friend and her fiance.It ended up being a really great time! Jessica is really wanting to get baptized, we are SOOOOOOOOOOO excited! I love her so much! She is such a ray of sunshine! Oh this sunday was good. In the middle of sac mtg we were asked to teach gospel principles so sister cheatham and I (since sister tahi was on splits in green valley) prepared the best that we could and the lesson went really well. Sister cheatham is amazing! She is the one training meeeeeeeeee..........hahaha just kidding. But training teaches you a lot. I feel very humbled to have this assignment for these 12 weeks at least. Well this week has been insane and it has been good. Very big growing week. But we need those. I love you all and I miss you tons. I want to see pictures! PICTURES PICTURES! :] Um I dont think there is anything else for this week! But I love you! Thanks for the birthday wishes.




Sister Fine

1 comment:

  1. You look so wonderful - Sis. Fine! I can't wait to see and talk with you when you get home! Keep up the GREAT work you are doing! I'm so proud of you at choosing to serve our Lord and Savior. Your life will be forever blessed because of your choice.

    Love, Sis. Susan Richards - OLY 4th Ward

    ReplyDelete