Monday, May 21, 2012

"God has helped me to feel that pure joy that comes from work."

April 16, 2012

Anyways! That was a hilarious story shasha! hahahaha Wow I cant wait to hear all these stories when I get back! But in the mean time I WANT TO STAY ON MY MISSION AND SERVE MY GUTS OUT! So our area has had a really hard time lately. I am seeing a pattern in my mission that I am tossed around a lot to different areas and different companions.  This area is unlike any area I have been in. It is a really hard area and we have like 0 investigators but we have seen miracles lately. The other day in church I saw this teenage girl sitting in front of me. And I about flipped a cow because she looked IDENTICAL to SHARLEE. I seriously though shar stalked me and came and saw me in a ward. Yea.......my heart was going 384603874562083 beats per second. But it was this girl named marley who had come to church all by herself. Yesterday she came up to us and said, I want to be baptized, can I meet with you guys tonight? We set her for baptism last night for may 19th. Crazy crazy. Maybe God created her that way to that I would pay attention and notice her in the congregation. hahaha. Yea pretty awesome. We also set another lady for baptism this week. She has been an eternigator (eternal investigator) for years and years. We made some ground with her this week! Quite a breakthrough! We talked to her about the atonement and how she can be healed. She burst into tears because she wants to change and she doesn't feel the support of her husband but she has a great desire to reach the great potential that she has. We invited her to church but she didnt come.........so sad. She is set for June 16th. Anne marie is her name.
On saturday I had the honor of seeing Jasmin enter the waters of baptism. She is the 15th person that I have seen change their life and become closer and closer to God. Jasmin is like a little sister to me. Her baptism was a very special one because she is the only member in her family now. Her mom and grandparents came to her baptism. Though they are anti, they felt the spirit very strong and I know they will be baptized...it is only a matter of time. All of her family was bawling and felt the spirit of the Lord so strongly. Her grandmother even came to the baptism with a deep question, praying that she would recieve an answer to her very specific question. She talked to the missionaries afterwards and told them that she had recieved an answer. She was sobbing as she asked for a blessing. We went in to se her recieve a blessing. Although the blessing was in spanish, I felt the spirit very strongly. I know that Jasmins baptism will lead to generations effected. I love that girl so much!
Dad I am gathering all the informtion of my investigators and favorite members as I go. Dont worry! We will have plenty of places to go and visit.
All the missionaries are thinking that I am going to train this next transfer. But every time they say that it never happens. I know that whatever happens on my mission is meant to build me and build those around me. I feel as though he has built me and is stretching to be more than I was on June 22nd 2011. I love my mission and it is going by so fast. I cannot beleive I have been out 10 months. I have thought a few seconds on what my plans will be after the mission and honestly I have no idea. I have no plans. I have no idea what I want. I will let the Lord guide me.
So last night I had an awesome experience. Last night Michael Hicks, the composer of TONS of my favorite church music (including the version of "I know that my redeemer lives" that we sang at my "farewell.") did a fireside for the youth last night. We went with Marley to the fireside and it was an amazing experience to hear him perform my favorite music live. His last song he played was the song we sang at my farewell. That song has been the theme of my mission and so it brought me to tears as he played it. Afterwards I shook his hand and he thanked us for being missionaries. So powerful.
So I only have another week with sister Abeyta. I feel as though she has taught me so much! I feel WAY less hard on myself and actually feel happy with the effort I place forth every day. I work really hard and God has helped me this transfer to feel that pure joy that comes from work.
I love you so much and I miss you! I dont get my mail until after email so I dont know what has come this time but Im sure I will get the package today. I am glad to hear that they got their presents. Tons of pictures this week! Love you!
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment