Friday, May 18, 2012

Whenever I get ahold of a shovel or rake or lawnmower......it's alllll over!


April 9, 2012

This week was insane but real slow. Spring break down here and also holiday. Our teaching pool is really struggling right now because this area is soooooooooooooooo dead, but its good for me haha. So last night we had a crazy thing happen. We were in our "akward hour" (8-9 pm) and we thought hey lets go to the benitas house! They are amazing people and I am converted fully to her cooking. Anyways. We pulled up and parked the car. When we got out of the car we hear a little baby crying out "MOMMY MOMMY!" We looked and there stood this little nakey nakey baby in an open garage all by herself. We said BABY go in the house and then the garage door to the house shut and it left her totally in the dark. She started to scream and we ran up to her and then the mommy came out! The mommy was soooooooooooo freaked out that her baby was all by herself! She was so thankful to us that we were there to watch over her so she wouldnt run out into the street. The dad came out too and he was so grateful! Then we got talking about hunting and then we got talking abou tthe gospel. They didn't seem interested but they have alot of family in the church and hopefully us giving them our number will open the doors for them. The baptism this weekend was amazing! I sang perfect love from an efy soundtrack and it worked out really well! I was very proud of myself! I still get nervous at times but it doesn't manifest with the quality of my voice, I just get embarrassed and get a little flushed. But I prayed that that wouldnt happen this time and it DIDNT! :] God knew that was important to me and so he helped me. I thought that was so cool! I seriously love steve he is sooooooooooo amazing!  He was so full of light and as a missionary that is the greatest joy in the world. He is the most solid person in the entire world. So I wanted to tell you that in my studies I have done something new. I just started to BOM over and I have been highlighting ANY TIME it mentions the members of the Godhead. It is soooooooo powerful! When I come back someday I will show you what it looks like to do that! My pages are highlighted with yellow dots of where it mentions God, Christ and the Holy Ghost. Now tell me this is not another testament of Jesus Christ and that he lives. The BOM is the most amazing book! I never knew it until college and now I appreciate it even more! I am soooooooooooooooooo thankful! We had a couple of rough lessons this week where pepople just could NOT believe that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. Everything that has ever been written by the prophets in the Bible points to the chance of that happening. God is the same yesterday today and Forever and I love him! He loves us because he gave us another record to read about the Savior and I am excited for more books to come that we can read. Christ said, Other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring.....He was talking about the american people as well as people on other continents. I know this gospel is true. I know that God restored his gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the BOM and the Bible are the word of God. I know that Christ died for us and was ressurected so that we could live. I am so thankful for him and his angels being by my side. Though I cannot see them, I can feel them supporting me in this work. I hope all of you know that I know this is true and the list can go on and on. The atonement brings so many blessings that we can read in the scriptures and hear from our modern day prophets asd apostles, but we cannot receive the full blessings of the atonement until we make promises with God such as baptism, temple, sealed for time and all eternity....etc. So cool to think of it that way. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this means that ALL the people around each one of you that are not baptized by the only correct authority cannot receive the full blessings of the atonement. THAT IS WHY MISSIONARY WORK IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT! Anyways! We had kinda a slow week so we decided to do a service chain! We went to our investigators house and said "We are here to serve you and you cannot take no for an answer, put us to work." She was very hesitant but we have been desperate for service work! She has been trying to quit smoking so we started helping her by going outside and cleaning up all her ciggarette butts. One thing led to another and I found myself mowing her lawn and sweeping off the patio. I was sooooooooooo addicted! :] We had so much fun and I miss yard work. :] On my mission whenever I get a hold of a shovel or rake or lawnmower...........its alllllll over! hahahaha. Well I am doing well. Seriously the times goes by so fast. I have already almost been out for 10 months. Soon it will be a year and then soon after that I will be walking out of the airport thinking that this was all a dream. I feel that there is so much to do and so little time. But I will do my best.  I have been getting better with not being so hard on myself. I think that it has been because sister abeyta is my companion. Now I just need to find my balance. I know that sister abeyta and I needed to be companions. Believe it or not, out of all of my companions, sister abeyta has been able to help me with my self conscious issues the most. I have felt a huge change in me! It is awesome! I feel better! But always it is a work in progress. I LOVE MY MISSION AND I LOVE YOU ALL! I miss you! QUESTION. Did hannah EVER get my birthday present for her? And did sharlee get her's this week?! Love you all! Yes mom, thinking about the wedding is really hard. But I will get through it. Wow I almost started crying............AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont send me pictures and just be tender with me for a little while after the wedding and before obviously. Please dont fill the skype convo about it. I want to hear all about it, but we only have a limited amount of time and my soul will be very tender at that point. I know you understand. Love you.
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment