Thursday, May 17, 2012

Let's NEVER teach someone so elect again! hahaha



March 19
Yes the news was that sister Hanny and I were staying together....but little did we know that we had a 11 month old bundle of joy coming into our companionship! SISTER LIO from Samoa! WE ARE IN A TRIO! It is quite an adjustment in our teaching and everything but we are getting it! Our room is also really tiny so that has been fun.........you know how much I adore shared spaces hahahaha. Anyways, I just do my part and keep my things OCD clean and that is all I can do. I usually clean up for my companions too and they seem very appreciative. Oh so the morning of transfer conference (this last tuesday) we were not planning on going to transfer conference because we were both staying in the area and then we get a call from the AP's (Assistants to the President). I answered the phone and they said that we needed to go to transfer conference because we were going to be in a trio and also they asked me at the very last minute to do the musical number for the conference. GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!! But it ended up to be very good. The only one that I had prepared that would be formal enough for the occasion was "I know that my Redeemer lives." That seems to be the theme of my mission. I am so thankful for that song and how it has carried me through so far. The performance went really well and we got sister Lio! Also we had Leslie's baptism! And wow that is a story that I will never forget. Everything that could have possibly went wrong with the baptism, did.  As we drove away from the baptism, almost all in tears, sister hanny said, "Lets NEVER teach someone so elect again!" hahaha. Leslie must be so special to our Heavenly Father because from the day we met her to this day, she has had some of the hardest things happen to her and some of the most amazing miracles. I could hardly believe it.  The spirit was rarely in her lessons, but for some reason we continued.  Her interview was the same. We were going to meet her at a building and we arrived 10 min early and she was already gone. She went home and then her son crashed bad on his bike. Then We drove ALL the way over to her house to have the interview. We went in her house and went inside, had a prayer and then sister hanny and I had to go outside during the interview.  Then after like ten min president came out and said "SHE CAN BE BAPTIZED!" :) So excited! The day before her baptism we realized on our teaching record that we NEVER taught the word of wisdom! HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?!?! And if she had partaken of any of those substances in the last week then she was not going to get baptized the next day! We had told her a few weeks before what the word wisdom was and she knew what she couldn't partake of but we didnt get into detail. So that was another obstacle. Then the night before her baptism she got really sick. And she was super late to her baptism because she couldn't get her 3 boys in the car and she finally said, "I dont care if they are ready or not, I am going to my baptism!" So talis came without shoes, etc hahaha. She has such amazing faith. And just to summarize the baptism,  the guy baptizing her forgot how to baptize and the program went haywire. I wanted to cry. But the spirit told me, leslie is a very important piece of what will become generations and generations of righteous children of God. How amazing is that? Even for her confirmation the next day, she lost her keys and she had to get her neighbor to take her and her boys to church. But the only thing that matters is that she got baptized and that she has received an ordinance of salvation. We are so excited for her. She said that now she feels like she has a chance for her boys to be good and to excell. She was blessed in every blessing that her children will be stalwart members of the church, she would be able to raise a righteous family and that she would bring many to the knowledge of the truth. I have been so thankful for the opportunity to witness that elect daughter of God coming into the fold. I am forever thankful! We also had another lady come to church this week! Her name is maria and she is set for baptism on april 14th. We will see how things go. She seems really super prepared by the Lord. Also it was really awesome to see Danny get a calling as the sunday school sec and get the priesthood. He is hilarious. We love him so much! And we are so thankful to him because he gave us 2 referrals which were both interested in meeting with us! We are soooooooooooooo excited. Oh I got my tees today! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! The colored one is so cute! Thank you so much! Daddy I think that I really do want the airplane experience. I think that I really need that. OKay can you believe that I have been out 9 months? I cant believe it. I feel like I just came out.
Anyways I Love you and I accidently sent the email before I was done. But I am doing really well and I would love to have that airplane experience that dad talked about. Wow daddy are you getting trunky for sister Finey?!?!?! Hahaha oh something really funny is that talis calls us all these funny names, coco, hooti, booty, dot, diter dine and wow he is sooooo funny! Having some hard times but its okay. I am really trying to work through them. Otherwise I am doing really well and wow I cant believe the downhill slide is here. The last 9 months. I cant believe that. Hopefully you dont forget about our skype date on mothers day because of the wedding and everything. Man woe to my companion on May 4th hahaha. No itll be good Im really excited. Did you guys remember my height for the cardborad cutout? Whats going on with wedding plans? I really have no idea. Love you all and I havent been getting any mail lately so I would love to hear from my babies and friends. :] Love you and mommy XOXOXOXOXO 
Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment