Thursday, May 31, 2012

"I believe in God and Jesus Christ, now what do I do?" We were both thinking....um "get baptized immediately!"

April 30, 2012


My new companion Sister Tahi

Okay so here is the story! So ever since I got the training call I have been really really sick. I cant even tell you how sick I felt on Tuesday when I was going to get my trainee. On Tuesday morning I went out to work with sister Abeyta and after an hour we came home because I couldn't even stand up. I went home and slept and then we got a knock on the door from the Zone leaders. They were there to give both of us blessings. Sister abeyta and I both got blessings that brought tears to our eyes. Both of the blessings talked about specific things that each of us as individuals were worried about and struggling with. And the thing is that no one knew about any of that stuff except for sister abeyta and I and God. I am so thankful for the priesthood and those missionaries that lived worthy to receive that revelation from heaven. Oh ya I forgot to tell you the story. I think that I was sick for a reason. The call that I got was not the right thing. When I got to the training meeting, President Neider pulled me aside and started to cry. He said, the Lord has intervened and he has let me know that I need to get the temple square sister. I agreed with him and told him that I want to do what the Lord wants me to. I can see already why I got the switch in companions. This area needs miracles. Not that the trainee wouldnt have been good but this area needs two, obedient, experienced missionaries. I have seen miracles since my new companion sister Tahi (from tahiti) got here.  I want to let you know that I have never gone in from work on my mission (except for the time I almost passed out from biking last august hahaha I don't know if I even told anyone about that one haha). But I was pretty worthless that day. 

We set a little 9 year old boy for baptism this week. After I got my new companion that is the first thing that we were led to do. We went over the house, the mom sobbed to us and desired help from the Lord through the scriptures. It was the perfect time to show up at their house. She brought up that her son had not yet been baptized but wants to be. So we jumped on that and we are teaching him the lessons. We are so excited! Last night we were also led to go to this potentials house. He invited us in after everyone else slammed the door in our face. SO that was a pleasant surprise. Then we got to talking and he said, "I believe in God and Jesus Christ, now what do I do?" We were both thinking.....um get baptized immediately. hahaha. But we noticed that he had a Book of Mormon laying on his coffee table. He said that he cant really read that one because he understands Arabic better.....then my mind flashed back to when I was cleaning our room the other day and I saw a BOM that was in this crazy language and it ended up to be in Arabic. I told him that we had one for him. How crazy is that, that we just randomly had an Arabic BOM in our room. He also said that he is amazed that we even caught him at home because he is never home. Coincidence? I think not. We told him that we will go get the BOM and bring it back to him tonight. He said that will not be possible because he will be gone. SO he said to leave it on the doorstep and that he will take it with him on the trip. So near the end of the night we went and grabbed the book and went back to his house. Yet he was outside just about to go into his house. Coincidence? I think not. He told us that he will read it and that he will take us out to dinner this friday. I have a good feeling about this one. 

I said goodbye to sister abeyta and sister garner and sister espinal. I am going to miss them all! Sister garner said goodbye to me on friday and I got to meet her parents. I am going to miss her so much!  I really love all my companions and I was thinking today that EVERY SINGLE ONE of my roomates, and companions in my life have helped shape me into who I am today. I am so thankful for them. THey are all amazing and I love them so much! 

Thanks for waiting for me for christmas! You guys are amazing! Im so excited. It will be a great welcome home. Man time flies by. Soon I will be home! I cant even believe that. There is so much left to do! 

Oh you talked to sister Jones? That is awesome! I love her so much! She is so amazing! I dont think that there is anything that you can do for me right now. Wow I cant believe that I am going to be skyping you guys not this sunday but the next. wow. I already am figuring out what member we can have to help us with that. I will be having someone call you guys to set it all up for us. When are you guys getting back from Nauvoo?  Mom did you ever get the message that I lost my camera card from elko? I talked to sister espinal and she said that she would be more than willing to give me pictures from our time together so they arent lost forever :] Plus I am grateful that I sent home pictures every week so that they are salvageable there. 


 I love you guys a lot and I really hope that everything goes well this weekend. Cant think about it too much or I will lose it but I am just planning to keep myself busy busy busy so I'm too tired to think about it. I love you guys and please travel safe. Please don't forget me this weekend. I think that is the only thing that you can do for me. I love you and I miss you all! TRAVEL SAFE! IF YOU DIE ON THE PLANE I WILL KILL YOU. hahaha :] Love and kisses from nevada!

Britton I am so proud of you! I wish I could have seen you pass the sac and give a talk. Dont worry baby, your happy birthday little present is coming. I love you buddy and I am so proud of you.

Im so proud of my little babies and I wish I could give all of you guys kisses and loves and slepovers. MWAH! XOXOXOXO

Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment