Thursday, May 17, 2012

"I Killed my first Cockroach this week!




April 2, 2012

Hello from Black Mountain!
Conference was awesome! Thought about how mom and dad were dragging yall out of bed about 10 minutes before hahaha and you all were in your jammies and blankets hahaha. Wow I remember those days. Unlike you guys I had been up since 6:30 am and in a dress in the water st. chapel. I LOVE CONFERENCE SO MUCH! I have never loved it so much in my life til a few years ago. I never realized how important it was until my mission though. WE HAVE A MODERN DAY MOSES/NOAH/ABRAHAM in OUR DAY to give us DIRECT REVELATION FROM GOD. Yeah thats pretty amazing. I cannot thank God enough for the restoration of his priesthood in these latter days. They are incredible! I cant even pick one that I really love. Well all I can say is I was bawling my eyes out during president Eyring's talk the 1st session on saturday. RIP MY EYES OUT! AHHHHHHHH! It was on trials and omgosh I needed that!  I just couldn't handle the information for some reason. I came to conference with 3 questions but I didn't feel that they were answered the way I wanted them to be. STUBBORN ME! hahaha. I just figured I really really think that I need to listen to it 40 billion more times so that I can get the answers to my questions. :] So we have a baptism this week for this amazing investigator named steve, (yes yes father his name is steve :]) He actually went to conference in salt lake! Amazing huh?!?!?! He is so elect and I love him so much!  Soooooo about my companion. She is so great and I love her so much.  So we just had zone conference this week and it was amazing. The Brethren cut our mission down because I guess we havent been doing very good the 1st few months of the year. The have been changing the way we do things here and it is quite an adjustment but it is good. I think that the mission will benefit so much by it! And they gave us a suggestion to apply to our mission. This suggestion is something that a florida mission applied in their mission and it DOUBLED their baptisms. When salt lake sees a change like that, they wonder "Oh no! What are these apostate missionaries doing?!?!?!" But actually they just were doing everything right!!!!!!!!!! This is what they did!.....What you do is in a street contact or any kind of contact you say straight up...."We are representatives of the Savior Jesus Christ and we have been sent to this area today to bless the homes and people here. If the Savior was here with us right now, what would you ask him to bless you with?" "Would you like to have a blessing upon your home?" Obviously us as sisters dont have the priesthood our president told us to just use a prayer of faith. Honestly we first applied it yesterday and I have never felt so much power in street contacts ever. The first 2 people that we tried it on rejected us like mass bad but it was so cool because I felt the spirit so strong. I have never felt the spirit so strong in a rejection in my life. There was such a great power that has changed my mission! Obviously I have to work on it an master it more but its okay! We are working in it! It is AMAZING! We ended up praying in 2 street contacts homes yesterday! From one of those blessings we got a return appointment. Things are going well! We also got another suggestion from the brethren which was how to set someone for baptism. You do this.........teach them a lesson, then you teach them how baptism is the only way to go back to God (doctrine of Christ) 2 nephi 31:21. Then you set them. If they say no, you say, "Are you 100% positive that the way you are living your life right now is the way that Heavenly Father wants you to live right now?" If they say yes then obviously they are not ready, if they say no then they have potential. Then teach them how baptism by the authority is the ONLY way that someone can receive all of the blessings of the atonement which all of us need so bad. Teach them about the atonement and how it can affect their eternal life. Then ask them questions to the effect of, "What are you willing to do in order to return back with God and receive all the blessings of the atonement?" (Use the scriptures to teach these principles, there are more power in the scriptures than just saying the blessings we can get with our own words.) Check them for understanding and teach more if needed and then re-set them. This is the approach that we are doing and it is AWESOME! I cant wait to try it! You just have to be bold thats all. They also need to know that there are eternal consequences for rejecting the doctrine and way of Christ. NEWS! I killed my first cockroach this week! I know! I have been so blessed to not see any of them or scorpians on my mission because God knows I would die if I lived with them. I am growing and loving my mission. I feel myself stretching. CAN YOU GUYS SEND ME A VOICE  TAPE AND PICTURES AND FUN CDS please!?!?! I am DYING FOR NEW CDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you and miss you! Thank you britton for writing me you little punk! I miss you and I want to hear from all of you more often please! MWAH MWAH XOXOXO!
 
 Sister Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment